11

“Wow.” I said.

“Wow, good? Or bad?”

“Wow... amazing.”

“You're pretty amazing yourself.”

“Thank you.”

All the lights went out. I looked up at the stage, and the band was packing up. How long had we been out here?

“Looks like that's our cue to leave.” He said.

“I guess so.”

We started walking through the sand back to his car.

“It's a shame. I wasn't quite ready to go home.”

“Me either.”

“Well, UMM...”

“UMM what?”

“If it's not too bold, we could go back to my place.”

“Oh... Umm...”

“No pressure, no funny business, just talking. I promise. Totally fine if you don't want to.”

“Yeah, sure. I'd like that.”

“Yeah?”

“Yeah. That sounds nice.”

“Let's go.”

He took my hand and walked me to the car. He opened my door for me. Then we started our long drive back south.

A couple of hours later, he drove through the streets of a neighborhood with big, beautiful homes. I had never seen houses that big before. I was in awe.

On the very last street, his house was the last house on the right. It was a beautiful, red brick house. There was an enormous gate surrounding the perimeter. He typed in a number and the gate doors opened.

He opened the door to a huge garage. There were 3 other cars inside. All the cars were super nice muscle cars. He parked alongside them. He came over and opened my door and helped me out of the car.

He walked me to the door. When he opened it, it floored me. It was so beautiful inside!

“Home sweet home.” He said.

“Oh wow. This is beautiful.” I was in awe.

“Thank you. Make yourself comfortable.”

“I'm afraid to sit on the furniture. It's so nice.”

“It's just furniture. Go ahead. Have a seat. Are you thirsty? Would you like some wine?”

“Yes, please.”

“You got it. Be right back.”

He walked out of the room. While he was gone, I looked around the room. Beautiful art was hung on the walls, a fireplace with glass surrounding the flames, lots of windows, and a sliding glass door.

“Here you are.” He handed me a glass of white wine.

“Thank you.” I took the glass and took a sip.

“You're welcome. I'm just glad to have company. It's no fun having a drink alone.”

“Thanks for inviting me.”

“Of course. Should we go have a drink on the patio? I could get a fire going.”

“That sounds nice.”

“Let's go.”

He led me through the sliding glass door. The yard was huge! There was a pool with a hot tub. A deck area with a gas fire pit. Even the outdoor furniture was nicer than the furniture I owned. There was a beautiful view of the city all lit up.