3

I laid in bed and turned on some music. I closed my eyes and let the waves of music wash over me. I finally felt some relief and a sense of calmness I hadn't felt in a while.

Between working and auditions, I was going out of my mind. So much rushing around, I felt like I was coming unraveled. I'm not complaining. I realize this needs to happen to achieve my dream. The stress of it all just gets to me sometimes.

I listened to the soothing sound of my very favorite artist, Elvis Presley. I know, not the music people my age typically listen to. But something about his voice calmed me down and made me happy.

After about an hour, I dozed off. When I woke up, I had a few messages on my phone.

First, my best friend from back home asked me about my audition. I told her it went well and that, as always, I was hopeful. The second was from my brother. He just sent me a random meme. The last one was a number I didn't know.

It read, “Hello Olivia. This is Becky from the audition earlier now. We were very impressed by your reading now. We would like to see you back tomorrow at 9:00 AM for a call back audition. We look forward to seeing you again.”

“No fucking way...” I said to myself. I couldn't believe it! This is the first call back I had ever had in my life! I smiled ear to ear. I was in shock. I mean, I always had gotten my hopes up after every audition, but they never panned out.

I sent a video chat to my brother, ignoring the fact that he was in Eastern Standard Time and it was 2 am there.

“You better be dying.” He answered half asleep.

“How rude.”

“What do you want, Olivia?”

“Well, since you asked, I GOT A CALL BACK!”

“What?! Seriously?!”

“Yes! My first one!”

“Congratulations, Liv. When is it?”

“Tomorrow at 9 am.”

“Well then, go to bed. Make sure you set at least 5 alarms. You don't want to miss this.”

“Good idea. Thanks!”

“Love you.”

“Love you too. Goodnight.”

“Goodnight.”

Next, I sent a video chat to my best friend, Riley. Again, ignoring the fact that I was 3 hours behind her time.

“Hey girl.” She answered. She was out at a bar.

“Hey, am I interrupting?”

“Nah. What's up?”

“So, you know how I had that audition today?”

“Yeah...”

“I GOT A CALL BACK!”

“NO WAY!”

“Yeah!”

“Oh my God, Liv! This is huge!”

“I know! I can't believe it!”

“Well, congratulations!”

“Thanks. I better go to sleep. Just had to tell you.”

“Alright. Call me after the audition.”

“Ok. Bye.”

“Bye.”

I jumped out of bed and went to the bathroom to get ready for bed. Next, I picked out my outfit and laid it on the chair. Everything was ready to go for the next day.

I got into bed and fell back to sleep.

The Hearts Behind the Silver ScreenOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara