6

When we got back to my apartment, I grabbed some nice clothes and got dressed. I even went as far as doing my makeup and hair. Going out was not a common occurrence for me. So, I figured I should take the opportunity seriously.

"I called us a cab... whoa." He looked at me with a very shocked expression on his face.

"What?"

"You're dressed up."

"Yeah. We're celebrating, remember? Besides, you're dressed up."

"I guess. Let's get out of here."

"This isn't going to be like one of those times back home when you would find a cute girl and leave me sitting there all night alone, right?"

"No. Why would I do that?"

"Because, that's what always happened back home."

"Well, I promise it won't happen."

"Ok. Let's go."

We walked down and got into the cab waiting for us. I asked our driver to take us to a bar close to my place. It was a little hole in the wall with cheap drinks and rock music blaring in the background.

We found a little table in the back and sat down.

"I'm going to go grab us some drinks." Connor walked over to the bar.

I sat there, people watching. It was an older crowd. A few bikers here and there. A few people my age. There were a few pool tables and some dart boards, a stage with live music playing. All in all, a cozy little spot.

"Here." He handed me a drink.

"Thank you."

"We haven't done this in a long time."

"I know. It's way over due."

"Well, now we can do stuff like this all the time."

"I'm glad you're here, Connor"

"Me too. Now, let's do some shots."

I lost count of how many drinks we had both had. We spent the night talking and laughing. I felt like an actual person. For the first time in a long while, I didn't have to sit home and be by myself.

Hours flew by, and eventually, we called it a night. Once we got back to my building, we both had a hard time stumbling up the stairs. We both flopped down onto our beds and passed out.

The next morning, I woke up to the lovely sound of my brother puking. The light was so bright, I couldn't open my eyes. I stumbled out of bed to the kitchen counter and grabbed my sunglasses. My head was pounding.

I went over to the bathroom and knocked on the door.

"You alright?" I asked.

"Been better." He yelled back.

"Need anything?"

"A better alcohol tolerance."

I went back to the kitchen and got into my cupboard. I pulled out a bottle of aspirin and popped a couple. I couldn't wait for them to kick in so I could see again.

My brother emerged from the bathroom and laid down on my bed.

"This bed feels amazing." He mumbled into my pillow.

"Once we find a better apartment with actual bedrooms, you can get an actual bed."

"The sooner, the better."