Chapter 15 - The Altar of Mortis

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}
Hiiiiii! I hope you are all doing well at this time.
This was a kind of difficult chapter to write so I hope you like it! Let me know if I missed something.
☆彡
{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

Saiph watched as the clouds outside the shuttle flew by. After Anakin had done a test that the Father had asked him to do, he was offered to stay and keep the balance between the Daughter, who leaned towards the light and the Son, who favoured the dark side. The trio were told by Anakin afterwards that he had refused, believing he wouldn't be able to live such a life. Saiph sighed as she walked back to her seat and sunk into the chair, all that running she had done to find Ahsoka and Obi Wan had finally washed over as soon as the adrenaline left her body.

"You tired there?" Ahsoka asked with her elbows on her knees as she rested her chin on her hands. She looked at Saiph with amusement.

Saiph nodded, "You know," she said before rubbing her leg, "those two really fly fast, It was hard to know exactly where they went." She referred to the time when Ahsoka and Obi Wan were snatched from the sky by the Son and Daughter.

Obi Wan chuckled from up front at the dashboard, commandeering the shuttle, "I am sure they were."

"I'm going to get some water." Saiph said as she stood up, stretching her limbs. Ahsoka got up as well.

"I'm going to join you." She said and the two girls walked to the back of the ship. They passed Anakin, who fast asleep on one of the beds in the wall. Saiph went to one of the cabinets and opened it, trying to find something to hydrate herself with as Ahsoka stood there, leaning against the cabinet.

"I'm surprised how soundly he sleeps." Saiph said, her back still turned as she got a cup of sorts. Ahsoka nodded and Saiph grabbed a bottle of water as she filled her cup. The silence the two girls shared was suddenly interrupted with the sound of Anakin gasping. The two girls turned and saw Anakin sitting upright from his sleeping position.

Ahsoka walked over and put a hand on Anakin's shoulder. "Were you having a nightmare?"

Saiph said nothing since the conversation did not involve her, but she stood back and waited, sipping her water.

Anakin groaned, moving his legs off the bed, "Something like that."

The ship rattled and Saiph quickly grabbed onto the wall so as to not spill her water all over herself. Obi Wan's voice came through the door from the cockpit, asking Anakin to come help him fly. He really didn't like flying.

"I'm coming." Anakin said.

Saiph threw the portable cup into a bin and turned back to where Ahsoka was. She gasped at the sight of her friend being gripped with a forearm around her throat. It was the Son. Anakin had heard Ahsoka grunting and had also turned, with a glare on his face.

"Leaving so soon?" The Son asked, looking as if he barely even tried to keep Ahsoka in his grip.

He turned Ahsoka to face himself, holding onto her throat with one hand. "Not without this, you won't."

Saiph's eyes widened and without thinking, she lunged forward as she attempted to jump on the Son, but started to free fall. Anakin yelled something but she couldn't hear him over the rushing of the wind. She was taken back for a second but landed on something hard and it screeched. She then realized that the floor had opened in the shuttle and she had landed on the Son's beastly form, flying through the air with Ahsoka still in his claws. Ahsoka screamed as the Son then flipped in the air, trying to get Saiph off of his back. She gripped tightly. Saiph continued to hold on to the Son's back, she wouldn't let go. Not now.