Chapter 7 - The Mandalorian Academy

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

Saiph was walking to the jedi council chambers up above the temple. She was told by some padawans that the council wanted to see her, but she was suspicious. After all, they could be trying to pull a prank of sorts on her. Once the doors to the room opened, she saw Ahsoka standing in the centre waiting for her. The twelve chairs surrounding them either had the physical jedi sitting in the chair, or their hologram.

Mace Windu spoke, "Padawan Carian, please, enter."

Saiph bowed her head as she walked in, noticing her master sitting in his chair, with one leg propped over the other.

"You sent for me masters?" Saiph asked looking to Master Windu, then to Master Yoda.

"We did," Master Yoda started, "Requested aid, the Duchess of Mandalore has."

Mace followed suite, "We are going to be sending you and Padawan Tano together to Mandalore to educate some of the students in the academy."

Saiph looked to Obi Wan for permission and he nodded.

"Skywalker, will take you to Mandalore." Mace Windu continued.

"You may go." he finished as the two padawans bowed. As soon as they exited the council room, Ahsoka spoke.

"Isn't this exciting? We're going to Mandalore! On an actual mission!"

Saiph laughed, she was quite anxious to see the planet, she'd heard of it's architectural design before.

"Let's hope they're more neutral than the Trade Federation." Saiph said, nudging Ahsoka with a wink.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

Ashoka and Saiph were in the shuttle entering Mandalore, with Asoka in the passenger seat and Saiph with rex in the back.

"The council gave you two a mission." Anakin started, looking at the two, "It is your duty to see it through."

"Please watch up ahead," Saiph quickly said back. "I do not want to die here."

"Don't you think we are just a little overqualified for this?" Ashoka said, with a hint of sarcasm in her words.

Anakin looked at Ahsoka.  "According to Senator Amidala, Mandalore is a deeply corrupt world." he paused, "if the cycle is to be broke, the future leaders at the Royal Academy of Government must learn the evils of corruption."

He looked over his shoulder to Saiph, "Yoda feels that only a young papaw, like you two, can get through to them."

Saiph looked through the shuttle window in thought... It sounded worse than she thought, she would have to do all she could to complete this mission with Ashoka.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

"How do I look?" Saiph whispered to Ahsoka, as she looked down at her robes once again.

"You look fine Saiph. You're wearing the same thing as you usually do."

Ashoka was right, Saiph had been wearing the same outfit for awhile now, with he same one piece beige jumper, her long sleeved shirt and her sweater, tied with a belt and her lightsaber.

"Yes... But this is royalty!" Saiph exclaimed only to see Asoka roll her eyes.

Saiph walked next to Ahsoka as they followed Anakin down the ramp. There were a few guards up ahead with a man standing next to a very pale woman. The woman was tall and thin. She had very blonde hair that was weaved through a headdress of purple, indigo and dark pink, adorned with white flowers. Saiph thought this must've been the Duchess.