Chapter 10 - Confessions

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

The next morning, Saiph had woken up feeling awful. As if though she had this weight on her chest, feeling as if though she had done something wrong. She then realized that the feeling was guilt. But why? What had she done? She didn't fully understand what she could have done that was making her feel guilty.

All of those thoughts swirled around her mind as she had gotten ready in the morning. Ahsoka had woken up early and asked if Saiph wanted to go and see the cadets off, but she had refused. She didn't need to see them off to know how they would feel.

Stop being so selfish. She told herself, You whining isn't going to change anything. You made your choice so he made his.

She splashed her face with water and looked in the mirror. Then, she heard a knock on her door.

"Saiph?" A voice asked, it was Obi Wan. She walked over to the door and pressed the button that had it locked from the inside. It soon slid open to see a concerned Obi Wan at the door with his eyebrows slightly furrowed.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

"Yes master?" Saiph asked looking at Obi Wan. She was upset, worried and was that confusion he felt? Looking at her again, her body language said it all, with her arm on the door frame as she stood in the center, her arms firmly at her side. He could feel it radiating off her in waves.

"Would you have a moment to walk with me?" He asked, eyes not leaving her face. He saw her jaw unclench and she spoke, "Of course, Master."

He nodded and let her step out into the hall and they started to make their way through the Jedi temple.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

Saiph had been walking alongside her master for awhile now. The sun leaked through the gaps between the pillars with the patterns of shade and light on the floor. She didn't know what to say, or how to say it and she admitted, she felt slightly afraid. She was of the outcome of the conversation.

Do not be afraid. She kept repeating to herself. Do not be afraid.

She knew that Obi Wan would wait, he always was patient with her. Saiph quickly decided that it was best to take his patience for her advantage and speak.

"Master, the Duchess' nephew said that you and her had a history, that you were very good friends."

Obi wan tensed, but then relaxed when Saiph mentioned the words of being friends.

"Yes... that was a long time ago, around a decade or so."

Saiph hummed and the two continued to walk. Her mind was clouded with her anxiousness and Saiph couldn't hold it back anymore.

"What's your opinion on attachments?" Saiph blurted our and then shut her mouth. Obi wan looped down in surprise, her eyes were wide in desperate anticipation, as if she was asking for some sort of truthful answer. She had stopped walking and looked directly at him.

He paused, thought, and then spoke, "They're only natural thoughts Saiph. There's not much we can do to not feel."

Saiph looked down at her boots and picked at her robes. "Did you have any attachments when you were young, Master?" She asked.

Obi Wan looked down softly at Saiph, "Yes, once there was a time when I felt a strong attachment to someone." He paused, "But that time has passed long ago. I chose to stay with the order."

Saiph nodded slowly and hesitantly spoke. "Last night... Um..." she thought for a second how she was going to phrase her words, "Last night... Korkie asked me to come with him."

Obi Wan arched an eyebrow in surprise, she was quite young still and already she had been asked to run away with a teenage boy?

Saiph continued, "I told him that I couldn't go. Don't worry." She paused to think, "But that's not what is bothering me." She paused again. "It's that I regret it, telling him 'no'. I shouldn't but I do... I wanted to go, Obi Wan... I really did."

"It's alright." Obi Wan started, placing his hands on her shoulders. "You Trusted your instincts my Padawan. You don't have to be ashamed. I understand what your position may have felt like, we are human Saiph. It is what you do with those emotions that is the difficult part."

Saiph looked up at Obi Wan as he smiled softly down at her. She felt much better getting her thoughts out of her mind.

"Thank you Master." She said bowing slowly.

"You're welcome, my Padawan." He said Bowing back to her in return, then they started back down the hall in silence once again.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

Hey guys! This chapter is shorter than usual so I apologize about that 😬