Chapter 11 - The Battle of Sallust

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

Banging, crashing and the sound of blaster fire could be heard in the Sallust system.
Saiph flew in her star fighter alongside Anakin and Obi Wan. They were currently in a heated battle with the Separatists navigating their way through the debris of broken ships, blown droids and smoke.

"R9, are all of the controls and plates secure?" Saiph asked her Astromech which in reply, beeped happily. "Alright," Saiph smiled, "thanks R-9."

Saiph turned to her her communications and turned them on. "What is our objective?" Saiph asked through in her star fighter.

"We need to go for their bridge." Anakin's voice came back through the speaker. Saiph saw something flash from behind and she turned her left wing up out of the way from the blasts the ship shot and hitting Obi Wan's wing instead. Saiph looked behind her shoulder to see a lancer-class pursuit craft with vertical big red wings.

"Ventress." Anakin growled and Obi Wan quickly stepped in before they continued to waste time talking.

"Split up." Saiph's master commanded and while Obi Wan and Anakin dodged to the left and right, Saiph dived downwards, secretly hoping that Ventress hadn't followed her since her flying capabilities weren't the strongest.  When she looked behind her, she was slightly grateful that she wasn't being followed but then saw a red star fighter, who was trailing smoke with Asajj Ventress right on its back. It was Obi Wan.

"Looks like I'm her favorite." He said through the communications and Obi Wan rolled her eyes in amusement, did he really have to hold his sense of humour during a battle? Her attention was diverted however when she saw several vulture droids staying to follow her and then shot out 3 to 5 torpedos.

Oh that's just wonderful Saiph thought, pushing some buttons which boosted her thrusters.

"I'm kinda disappointed," Anakin said through again, "only the droids follow me."

"Consider yourself - fortunate Skywalker!" Siaph grunted as another explosion went of near her. She dived to her left, avoiding some debris as she went. Saiph flicked a few switches on her left and U - turned up over her head to face the torpedos, shooting at them. She successfully hit two but one remained.

"Anakin, I'm going to need some help!" Obi Wan said, through the speaker.

"Where are you?" Anakin answered. "Saiph, where are you at?"

"I'm kind of busy right now," Saiph answered as she quickly turned her fighter around the corner of one of the republic ships, dodging the last torpedo as it crashed.

"Sorry." She said quietly to the republic cruiser as she continued to navigate her way through the mess of the battle. Suddenly, her speaker crackled. And she slowed down to see if she could spot any of the two Jedi.

"I'm hit!" Obi Wan yelled through it, causing Saiph's eyes to widen. "I'm heading towards the Separatists flagship!"

Then in that exact moment, she saw Obi Wan zoom right past her with Ventress on his tail. Then anakin flew by, following right behind them.

"I see you. I've got her." Anakin's voice came through the speaker and Saiph flew up to start following them. Anakin rapidly shot at Ventress' ship which hit her gun, damaging her wing in the process. Saiph watched as Obi Wan flew at full speed into the hangar with Ventress close behind, crashing on the hangar floor. Saiph quickly landed right behind Anakin but got out quicker, running to Obi Wan's star fighter which was in flames. R9-X8, the yellow Astromech quickly popped out afterwards