Chapter 5 - Pause at the temple

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

It had been a few months  since Saiph had gone on her first intense mission. She'd gone on small ones with her master but nothing was too life - threatening Many of her days consisted of her training with Obi Wan. Some says we're meditation while others were her practicing her lightsaber technique. She'd also gotten the chance to spend more time with Ahsoka, who, thoroughly made Saiph aware of her friendship with her. But for now, Saiph was in the sparring room with her master.

"You need to focus on your footing Saiph." Obi Wan said at the other side of the floor, lightsaber in hand. Saiph was on the floor and trying to get up from her tangled mess.

"You'll trip if you're not careful. You're doing offensive today, not defensive, remember?"

"Right." She said as she stood up, she was wearing a grey shirt and baggy grey pants. Her hair was in a mini bun at the back of her head since her hair wasn't long enough to make a full one. Putting her feet shoulder-width apart, she swung her lightsaber around and held it above her shoulder pointing at him from across the floor. As soon as she could see he was ready, she ran at him and clashed her lightsaber against his. The sounds of their lightsabers were all that could be heard in the room. Saiph pushed him backwards as she tried to keep herself from tripping and spun to her left around him dragging her lightsaber along his at the same time, forcing him to unlock from it. He blocked her swing from the back and then went for her torso but she curved and back flipped onto her hands and legs, saber still in hand. She then kicked his legs and he fell to the floor, with Saiph quickly jumping on top of him but he blocked it, using his legs to push her off him. Saiph stumbled back but jumped, twisting in the air and brought his lightsaber to the floor, in which he merely twisted his hand and brought it to the side of her torso and locked her lightsaber with his. In this moment, she was caught off guard by a blow to the leg as she fell. When she looked up, she could see Obi Wan's lightsaber pointing directly at her.

Saiph groaned and fell back on her back, earning a chuckle from Obi Wan.

"Am I ever going to win?" She asked, sweat beading her forehead.

"You will one day." He said as he clipped his lightsaber to his belt, "But that day has yet to pass."

Saiph sighed as she stood up, her muscles were aching and she could feel a bruise forming on her leg. Walking over to the side of the room, she grabbed her poncho and looked back to Obi Wan who was waiting for her. As they walked out, she could see some younglings walking in a group up the stairs. The two walked in silence, as they did sometimes, which there was no discomfort between them. She had come to know her master over the few months and as much as she was composed when necessary, she did become more comfortable around him as well as Anakin and Ahsoka. Just then, Ahsoka came down the hallway towards them.

"Hi Saiph! How are you doing?" She asked as she bounded over, with a smile on her face.

Saiph roller her head around, "Well actually. Master Kenobi beat me again in sparring."

Ahsoka then turned to Obi Wan, "Hello Master, how are you doing today?"

"I'm doing well Ahsoka, thank you."

Ahsoka continued, "I was wondering if I can steal Saiph for a few hours before the evening?"

Saiph immediately looked to Obi Wan above her, she always loves going with Ahsoka but she always felt the need to ask for permission first.

Obi Wan looked down at his padawan and simply said, "Of course you may Ahsoka. As long as it doesn't involve anything that may get you expelled"

Saiph grinned and looked back to Ahsoka as she grabbed her hand, "No need to worry Master Kenobi. Saiph here is the most mature 13-year-old you'll even meet!"

Saiph was in the middle of bowing to Obi Wan when she was dragged away by Ahsoka down the hall.

"Ahsoka!" Saiph whisper yelled, "I have to go get changed!"

"We don't have time for that right now." Ahsoka said as she continued down the hall, turning a corner as she went. Saiph only sighed since she knew there was no point in arguing with Ahsoka about this.

"So where exactly are you taking me this time Ahsoka?" Saiph asked, they often tried to have a variety of things they did each time they spent time together.

"Well, I thought we could go to the gardens this time?" Ahsoka said as they continued to run through the halls, getting looks from some of the Jedi as they sped past. Saiph apologized to the several people they bumped into along the way till they made it to the quiet gardens.
Ahsoka had let go of Saiph's hand by the time they had gotten there. Saiph took in a deep breath as she listened to the very faded sound of speeders in the distance. There were some benches scattered around the garden, where almost the entire floor was sand and gravel. Bushes and small trees lignes the edges of the paths. Ahsoka was sitting down already when Saiph made her way to the next and sat herself down next to her.

"So what exactly happened in the sparring room?" Ahsoka asked, "Tell me all the details of your defeat."

Saiph chuckled and picked at her poncho, "I just was messing up my footing."

Ahsoka's face dropped slightly, "That's it? There wasn't any intense fighting?" She exclaimed.

"Well..." Saiph started, "It was pretty intense as you would call it, I will probably be smelling worse than than a Tauntaun after today."

Ahsoka laughed at that comment, Saiph didn't quite understand how the girl found her funny when no one else did other than the people who knew her.

"But I really do have something to talk to you about..." Ahsoka started, and then she started explaining her story animatedly with her hands as the sun started to set on coruscant, with laughs filling the air. 

But Saiph enjoyed it, she was happy to have a friend like Ahsoka Tano. Or a friend at all who she could be a teenaged girl around and not be a padawan. Even if it was only for a few hours at a time.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}