Chapter 29

***Finally going back to Hannah's point of view. Keep in mind, that she still doesn't know about the whole thing with Sarah. Well... at first***

Opening my eyes, I find myself wrapped up in all of the blankets on the bed. Both my head and my right arm were hanging off the edge. I haven't woken up like this since I was having those nightmares. But I don't recall any nightmares last night. It was odd. Stretching, I jolt up with a piercing pain running down my spine. I try not to yelp, due to the fact that it was about six in the morning. I assumed it was caused by my awkward position waking up. Because it was gone within a few minutes. I turn over in bed expecting Brendon to be either sound asleep, or smiling as if he were the Cheshire Cat. But he wasn't there. This upset me. He said that he'd be here when I opened my eyes. Maybe he couldn't sleep and didn't want to wake me up?

I sigh stepping out of bed. The bitterness of the air conditioner tickled my skin. I walk out of the room and I see Brendon sitting at the couch watching the news. This brought a smile to my face. So he was here.

"See? I told you I'd be here by the time you got up." He smiled at me. And I couldn't help but smile back. But something in my gut told me that there was something wrong. I went over at sat next to him. He wrapped his arms around me.

"What do you want to do?" I ask, snuggling my head into the crook of his neck.

"Well I really didn't have anything planned for today. So I figured it could be a cuddle and movie day." He replied.

"Sounds perfect." I say.

~~~

After a few movies, I noticed Brendon getting more antsy. Maybe it was because of the lady that showed up at the door a little while ago. But I couldn't really know for sure. And then all of a sudden, Brendon lays his head back on the couch and sighs.

"Are you alright?" I ask, looking up at him. His expression saddened. He swallowed hard and turned away from me. "Brendon? Baby, tell me whats wrong?" I hold his chin and make him turn his head to face me again.

"I...I can't say." He whispered.

"Why?" I ask. " There's something wrong. You not being able to sleep. You always 'thinking'. There's obviously something on your mind. Please tell me." I worried about what he wasn't telling me. Why was he keeping something?

"I can't.' He looks away again. "She'll hurt you." Again, he spoke in a whisper. Who will hurt me? Why will someone hurt me if he tells me what's wrong with him?

"W-What do you mean?" Brendon looked back over at me. Tears stained his face.

He closed his eyes and sighed. "I...I want to tell you. I really do. But I'm afraid that she'll do something horrible." I swear I could see a tear run down Brendon's face. I do believe that this is the first time in a long time that I've seen Brendon get teary eyed. To be honest, it hurt me see him in this state of mind. He's always there for me. But I feel that he really needs me right now. And I don't know how to help him. I was never really that great with making people feel better.

"Brendon please." I slide closer towards him. He opens his eyes and looks back over at me. This time, I swear there was a river flowing down his face. "Who is 'she'?"
"I said that I couldn't tell you!" Brendon exclaims. He stood up, running a hang through his hair. "I just need a moment alone. I'm sorry." For some reason, his pissed me off a little.

"I feel like that's all you've done! Is 'Having a moment alone'!" I also stand up and I  glare at him. "Why won't you tell me?! We've been married for not even two weeks and you're already keeping things from me! This is our honeymoon. Why are we like this?"