Chapter 24

I feel bad for ditching Kat today. I mean I won't be able to see or talk to her for a week. In some ways, its actually a good thing. But she was always there for me when I was younger. I guess you could say that she was my best friend. Really my only friend at that. She was the one at school that saw through everyone's lies about Ryan and I. Kat was always there for us to talk to. But I feel like she can be over possessive at times. And by that, I mean, when she gets attached to something, she never wants to let go. That something is me and Ryan.

"Took you long enough." Brendon comes up to the window and leans on the door, as I pull into the driveway. He starts smiling that goofy smile of his.

"Well, I'm terribly sorry that I couldn't get there and back within a minute. There was some quite frustrating invisible traffic." I say sarcastically, rolling my eyes. I could hear Brendon chuckle to himself. "Can you get the small box out of the trunk for me?"

"Sure." Brendon gets up and walks around to the back of the car. I grab my keys and my phone before stepping out of the car. He closes the trunk and walks over to me. I quickly take the box out of his hands and start walking for the door.

"Thanks, baby." I give him a quick peck on the lips before walking inside.

"May I ask what's in the box?" Brendon closes the door behind him. I set it on the counter and turn to him. His face was full of curiousity.

"Memories." I say.

"I though you hated your memories?" Brendon looked concerned and stepped closer to me. I turned away from him.

"These are...different memories." I reply. I look back at Brendon and his face was still full of concern. I shouldn't have told him. Now he's going to worry non-stop about me. "I mean, like memories of the band. When it used to be you, me, and Ryan. All hanging out." Brendon gives me a sympathetic smile and wraps his arm tightly around me.

"I can't believe you kept everything." He paused for a minute. "Even the necklace." He pulled away and looked down to see the music note necklace hanging loosly around my neck. "There's a whole story behind that little piece of metal." He chuckled nervously, still looking at the necklace.

"Why haven't you ever told me this story?" I ask, walking over to the couch. I can do my packing later, right? RIght. Brendon plops down onto the cushion and I snuggle up to him. He wraps an arm around my shoulder before taking in a deep breath.

"Because when we were growing up, as adults even, I never thought I'd be with you. I never thought we'd get this far together. I never thought that you liked me back. And I never thought that I'd be the one to marry you." There was silence between us, until he started to speak once more. "Hannah, I had a crush on you since you and Ryan came to live with me for a few years. And honestly, I didn't think you liked me back. But that never stopped me from trying to see you. I remember giving you that necklace on your fifteenth birthday. The look on your face, made my day. To see you happy about a tiny piece of metal shaped into a music note, was all I really needed. I realized then, that I truely fell for you. Your smile was what kept me going every day. I can still remember what I said when I gave you the necklace. 'Music is what keeps us alive. Everybody has their song...'"

"And yours is mine." I finish his sentence and look up at him. He was smiling and his eyes were getting watery.

"You remembered." He said happily.

"How could I forget?" He squeezes me tighter.He leans over and presses his lips to mine. "I love you."

"I love you too." He replies. I then notice him looking at the clock. "We should probably get packing." Ugh. Packing. I hated this part of a vacation.

I nod in agreement and followed him upstairs. As we walked into our room, there were already suitcases lying on the bed. I sigh and start going through my drawers. What am I even supposed to bring? Brendon never told me where we were going or what we were doing.

"Brendon?" I ask. He places some of his tee shirts on his suitcase before looking up at me. "What exactly am I supposed to bring? You never told me what the wheather may be like there."

His eyes widen in realization. "It's gonna be hot. Bring shorts, tee shirts, your bathing suit, that sort of stuff. Oh, and bring a fancy pair of clothes." He smiles and gets back to packing. I turn back to my drawers and start grabbing pairs of shorts, some band tees, a few tank tops, and my bathing suit. Next was to find something 'fancy' for myself to wear. "It has to be a dress." Brendon says from behind me. I groan and pull my dresses into view. I didn't have many, but I guess I'll have to make due with what I've got.

After about another hour of figuring out what to bring and what not to bring, I collapsed on the bed. It was finally done. "Finally." I sighed.

"Now, we wait till morning." Brendon layed down next to me. All I did was smile as I let my eyelids close shut. To think, I'm gonna have Brendon for a whole week to myself.

~~~

"Baby, wake up." I felt a hand on my shoulder gently shaking me awake. My eyes flutter open and Brendon stood in my view. "We're going to be leaving soon. Your coffee and breakfast is downstairs." With that, he leaves the room. I honestly was too lazy to get out of bed. But knowing what the rest of the day will bring, I got out of bed.

The stairs creaked with every step I took, making my way downstairs. And just as Brendon said, there was a plate of toast and bacon, with my cup of hot coffee right beside it. I start eating and notice that there's a note sitting there also.

Hannah,

I hope you like your breakfast. it was just something quick. Once you're finished getting ready, come outside to the car. I've already brought our suitcases out, along with extra snacks and CD's for the ride there. Hope you're ready for a five hour drive sweetie. Love you

 Brendon

After I eat, I go back upstairs and quickly get dressed into the set of clothes I carefully layed aside last night. I'm going to miss being here. I know it's only going to be for a week, but it still saddens me that we're leaving.

"Hey beautiful." Brendon says as I walk out the door. He's leaning against the car with his hands in his pockets and his sunglasses on. "You get my note?"

"Yes I did." I reply, walking towards him. "A five hour drive? Really?"

"Would you rather me spend a shitload of money for a plane ride that'll be less than an hour?" He makes a valid point.

"I never said I was complaining." Okay, maybe I was complaining. Just a little bit.

"Sure you weren't." Brendon says sarcastically. "Get in the car missy." I just laugh and step into the passenger seat. He starts up the car and we pull out of the driveway. Here we go. Our honeymoon officially starts now.

***I'm sorry that was a really bad chapter. But I promise that things will pick up. I have some ideas. ;)

Vote and/or comment and tell me what you think? Maybe?***