Chapter 21

It really hurt me to see what had happened to Brendon. No one wants to witness something like that. And then the news from the doctor about the glass almost pushing up through his rib? I kind of wish the doctor never told me. That way all of these 'What if?' questions weren't racing through my head. What if the glass went deeper and punctured a lung? What if they weren't able to the glass out? What if I never told Kat to call the ambulance? Honestly, I hate being so negative. But this always happens to me. I just start thinking about things before I even realize that I'm thinking about it.

"Hannah?" I jump at the sound of my name. "Are you alright?" Brendon asks. I turn my attention to him and shake my head. He seems to understand and quickly pulls me closer to his chest.

"I...I just don't know what I would have done if something worse happened." I pick my head up and look at Brendon. His eyes were full of sadness and pain. I hated seeing him like that.

"I'm fine." He smiles. "Nothing bad happened. And nothing bad will ever happen. Not as long as I can help it." He pulls me back against his chest. I took a deep breath as I listened to the beat of his heart.

Then I started thinking. What the hell happened to my father after I told him to get out? I remember Spencer talking him outside, but where did he go after that? The thought of it scared me. I have no clue as to where he is. He could be following us. Waiting to somewhere. Why did he want me to go back with him?

The thought still pondered in my head, as we pulled up to the house. We all stepped out of the car and walked inside.

Brendon made his way over to the couch, and sat down. Both Kat and I followed him. Ryan then soon came over, handing Brendon a beer.

"Helps to get your mind of the pain." Ryan smiles.

"Thanks." Brendon chuckles and happily takes the beer.

"No problem." He replies. "I think we should head out." He turns his attention to Kat.

"You guys don't have to leave." I say.

"Well, Brendon needs his rest. I know he may not want it, but it's the best thing to do for the moment. And Kat and I will just get in the way. Besides, you guys should spend your first night married together, alone." Ryan smiles and says his goodbyes. Kat does the same and follows him out the door.

"So, is Kara coming here tonight?" I say to Brendon.

"No, she wanted the night to be special. So got herself a hotel room for the night. And she said she was going to stop by to see us before she went back home tomorrow." He said.

"She could have stayed here. She didn't have to get a hotel room."

"That's what I told her. But she refused." Brendon shrugged it off and took a sip of his beer.

"So, Brendon?" He turned his head to look at me. "W-Where do you think my father went after he left the reception?" He looked at my with sad eyes.

"I honestly don't know." Brendon practically whispered. "I was kind of wondering the same thing. He could be anywhere for all we know." He looked down at the floor and sighed. So this was bothering Brendon too.

"I'm sorry." I lean closer to him. He wraps his arms around me and pulls me closer.

"Sorry for what?"

"For bringing it up." I reply.

"Don't be sorry." He said. "It was actually on my mind as well."

~~~

We just kind of sat there for awhile. Not really saying anything. That was until there was a knock at the door. I slowly got off the couch, trying not to wake the sleeping Brendon. As I made my way over to the door, I looked at the time. It was well passed one in the morning. Who would be here at this time of night? Maybe Kat forgot her phone or something? I didn't see it on the table though.

I open the door, to tired to check who it was. My body tensed up as I came face to face with my father. He had a devilish smile plastered on his face.

"Hello, Hannah." He said. His voice was harsh and full of hatred.

"Go away." I say through clenched teeth.

"I'm sorry, what was that?" He placed his hand near his ear in a 'Speak a little louder' gesture. I didn't know what to do. I don't want to make any wrong movement. But I had to do something.

"I said, go away!" I screamed and slammed the door in his face. I quickly lock it and sink down to the floor, curling up into a ball. I was terrified. Tears raced down my cheeks. I buried my face into my knees.

"Hannah?!" I hear Brendon yell, running over to me. "Hannah, what's wrong?"

"M-My f-father. H-he's outside." I stutter. I was then pulled up onto my feet.

"You sure he's outside deary?" My father laughed. My eyes widen with fear. I start to wriggle out of his grasp. But nothing was working. His grip was too strong.

My mind made a final decision, and that was to start screaming. Maybe someone will hear me. I start screaming for Brendon, but he never came. I wanted him to hold me and tell me this was all part of my imagination. I wanted him to help get me away from my father.

"Your little husband won't be able to do anything to help you sweetie." He grinned. "You wanna see?" He started dragging me into the living room.

I couldn't believe my eyes. Brendon had his hands tied to what looked like the broken coffee table. There were cuts and bruises all over his limp body. Blood was strewn about the room. What the hell did he do to Brendon? I finally get out of my fathers grasp and rush over to Brendon, tears flowing down my face.

"Brendon?!" I pleaded, hoping he was alive. I picked his head up and gasped at the sight. He had a cut going from his forehead, over his eye, and onto his cheekbone. Blood was flowing incessantly.  But the thing that really got to me was the fact that his throat was slit open. He was dead. Married less than twenty four hours and he was already dead. I can't believe it. No, I won't believe it.

I was then picked up once again, struggling to get out of his grasp. "Shh. Hannah, it'll be okay.. Shhhh......"

~~~

"Hannah, It'll be okay." I jolt awake, to find Brendon holding me in his arms. He was gently rocking back and forth. I feel myself shaking as I took short raspy breaths.

"B-Brendon... y-you're okay?" I stutter. I look up at his worried face. No cuts or bruises except for the ones he had before. This relieved me.

"I'm perfectly fine." He replies. "You had a nightmare. Everything is going to be fine." His voice soothed me and I soon calmed down.

"I thought you were gone." I finish explaining the story to him, tears escaping my eyes once more.

"I'm right here. And I'm not going anywhere." He smiles, wiping my cheek. I couldn't help but smile back and bury my face into his chest.

***Hey guys! I am so so so so sorry for the long wait for the update....

And a raise of hands for whoever thought Hannah's dream was real. *raises hand* As I was writing this, I had to go back and remember that i was making it a dream.... /.\

Again, I am so sorry, and if anyone can help it will be very much appreciated. Thanks guys, hope you liked....?***