Chapter 8

***I apologize in advanced for the short chapter. Please dont hate me. Love you guys. And props to anyone who gets my reference. ;) ***

I couldn't believe it. Brendon was actually on his knee, asking me to marry him. I never thought the day would come. It's pretty over whelming if you ask me. All my friends are here, smiling and nodding their head yes. But for some reason I just couldn't bring myself to say it. Is there something wrong with me? I mean, I've wanted this for a long time. But I was never good in relationships, let alone a marriage. And I don't want to be the one to screw everything up.

I was speechless. I was crying. Why can't I say it? Brendons eyebrows slowly began to furrow as it took me longer and longer to answer him. His deep chocolate eyes staring up at me. I take a quick look at everyone else, who are now whispering amongst themselves. I keep getting confused looks. Ryan even was confused.

"I-I....I need a moment." Brendon looks down and lowers his hand.

"Uh...A-Alright." He shifts his eyes from me to Dallon who was standing beside him. I stand up and quickly run upstairs, locking myself in the bathroom. What have I done? I just missed my chance of being with him...for...for the rest of my life. This was a big commitment. And I don't know if I would be ready to handle that.

Then someone had knocked on the door, making me jump. "Go away." I feel a tear escape my eye.

"Hannah. Can I please talk to you?" Kat's voice was a bit muffled from behind the door.

"I just want some time alone. Time to think." I say. But I know all too well that she won't give up without a fight.

"Hannah, open up." She started to get annoyed. "I'm not leaving until you open this fucking door." I sigh and walk over opening the door. Kat stood there in her usual short shirt, tank top, and heels look. She had taken her hair down from the bun she wore earlier.

"I'm fine."

"I don't care what you say." She pushes the door open and steps inside, before closing the door behind her. "Because I'm in here anyways. What happened back there?"

I look down at the floor, twiddling my thumbs, before I look back up at her concerned face. I then break down and tell her. I tell her how overwhelming it was. And how I would mess it up.

"Oh, honey." She places a hand on either cheek and smiles. A real smile. "He understands that. He knew it was a risk. And he just has to accept that. If my baby girl isn't ready, then he just has to deal."

"You sound like my mother used to." I say.

"Oh. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to remind you of her." She lowers her hands and rubs her arms awkwardly.

"No it's alright." I manage a smile.

"So what are you going to do?" She asks. Her green eyes practically glowing in the dim light.

Now that was the question wasn't it. What am I going to do?