Chapter 4

***This chapter is a little shorter than I intended...***

After Brendon broke away our kiss, he pressed his forehead to mine. "I-I'm sorry Hannah." He then lifted his head and started to walk away. Sorry for what? Kissing me? He definitely shouldn't be sorry about that.

"Brendon. Don't leave!" I run over and jump onto his back. He stumbled forward a bit chuckling to himself.

"Now why not?" He turns his head to face me. Well...somewhat face me. "I thought hospitals were icky?" I roll my eyes and hop off his back.

"They are. I never said they weren't." I put my hands on my hips and give him a smile. "But, I'm not letting you leave."

"But why?" He gives me a pouty face and crosses his arms. I roll my eyes and grab his arm, pulling him over to the door.

Genevieve opens the door before I could and she looked worried. "Guys. I-I think there's something wrong with Ryan." Tears start to form in her eyes. I run over to Ryan's side and look at his limp body. I slowly and shakely reach for his hand and hold it in mine. "H-He started mumbling. Singing actually. A-And then this happened."

"Brendon, go get the doctor." I kept my eyes focused on Ryan. "Eve, can you tell me what he was singing?"

"Um...I-I don't know. It was just a jumbled up mess." I try to keep calm as Genevieve explains to me what he was saying.

That moment, Brendon rushes in with the doctor. "In sorry but I'm going to have to ask you to leave."

"What? No! I-I can't leave him!" My eye sight starts to fog up from tears. "Please."

"I'm sorry, Miss." The doctor replies.

"B-Brendon." I look over at him standing by the door. "Y-Your with me right? Eve?" Eve sadly shakes her head and leaves the room.

Brendon presses his lips together and makes his way over to me. "I'm sorry doctor." He says before picking me up bridal style.

"No! Please! Ryan!" I try wriggle out of Brendons grasp. But he wouldn't let go. Even when we reached the lobby, I still tryed to get him to release me. I felt many eyes upon me, but I didn't care. My top priority was to get back to Ryan. I can loose him. If he wasn't around, then I would be no one. I would be the girl who's brother died. I would be the girl who's brother died who was once was part of a band. But most importantly, I would be the girl who tryed to save her brother, and failed..

~~~

The forest was a beautiful place. There are many secrets that lay within it. Some are kept away for the length of time, others ready to crack and be told. I could always count on getting lost in a forest. In a good way. I wanted to get lost. You explore wonderous things that way. But being cooped up in the back seat of a car driving to who knows where, doesn't allow you to explore. It just makes the urge to run and hear the crunching of leaves underneath your feet, greater.

"How's she doing back there?" I hear Brendon ask.

"I thinks she's calmed a bit. She's still hugging her knees and looking out the window though." Genevieve says back.

"As long as she calmed, then I'm good." I glance at the driver side mirror and see Brendon looking at me smiling. I quickly turn back to the window hoping that he didn't catch my gaze. But knowing him, he probably did.

We arrive back at Brendons house a few minutes later. Brendon steps out of the car and opens my door. "You coming? I can make you coffee when we get inside. If that'll make you feel any better." He smiles and holds his hand out to me. I grab it and step out of the car.

As we walk inside, I go and sit on the couch. Gevevieve sits next to me smiling. Damn, they smile way too much.

"He's gonna be okay, Hannah." She reassures.

"You can keep saying it, but that doesn't mean that it's going to happen." Brendon then walks over and hands me a cup of coffee.

"There you go. And if you guys will excuse me." He says sadly walking upstairs. I look at Genevieve confused. She shrugs her shoulders in an 'I don't know' gesture.

I decide to get up and quietly walk up the stairs. As I'm nearing his bedroom I could hear a guitar being played. And Brendon started singing to himself.

"It was always you,

Falling for me now there's always time,

Calling for me,

I'm the light blinking at the end of the road,

Blink back to let me know..."

Then all was quiet...

***dun dun duuuuun. What happened? Haha sorry.

So! I know I haven't been keeping up on passes characters like Kat, Jaimee, and even Spencer. So the next chapter, I'm going to try and squeeze them back in somehow.

And I'm also sorry it was such a short chapter. :P

Love you guys***