Dangerously Close

Your eyes were red and the lids around it swollen and puffed out. As if my body was on autopilot, I stripped out of my clothes and the large hoodie that covered my body. I glanced at the mirror and the person staring back at me caused me to internally grimace. My h/c locks dull and more mop-like than the shine it previously possessed. My e/c eyes stared back at you, and the longer I stared back at myself, the more I despised your reflection as memories of my teenage years filled you. 

The popular girls kicking me to the side, skinny model types that mocked me endlessly for my (insert body type) figure. There was nothing wrong with me, I was perfectly healthy, but years of mockery, rejections and relentlessly being targeted for existing really did rack up. 

"Disgusting." 

"What is she trying to prove?" 

"No wonder she's always single. Who would want that?" 

Tears pooled in my eyes. Without thinking, I slammed my fists against my head as the salty tears finally spilled, cascading like waterfalls down my s/c cheeks.

"I know I'm not good enough. You don't need to remind me!" I shouted, as I sank to the ground, my back pressed against the wall and I grabbed fistfuls of my hair. 

"I'm a last pick, the one people forget about. I know so shut up already!" I screamed and cried harder. 

The door suddenly bust open, and soon,I was enveloped by a pair of arms. 

"Y/N, shh, it's okay. You're okay, it's alright." Felix soothed, as he stroked my hair. He pulled me deeper into a hug and slowly rocked back and forth. 

"Breathe, y/n. You're okay." Marzia added, as she rubbed my back .

After about 20 minutes, I was able to stabilize my breathing and the three of us stood up, before Felix pulled me into a hug again. 

"Don't beat yourself up like that, Y/n. I'm sorry for upsetting you, I know you don't handle these things well. But please, don't blame yourself. You're okay." He said, as I felt his tears on me. My throat was parched as I found myself unable to speak. Instead, I simply nodded. 

Marzia held me as Felix let go. 

"I'm really sorry, Y/n. You already said that it was too early, I shouldn't have forced you to confess." She apologised as she sniffled and held me tighter.  Not being able to muster anything, I settled for another nod and a smile to indicate that it was okay. When I was able to get my voice back, I mentioned that I would skip dinner tonight as I had no appetite. They didn't argue with me, and simply told me goodnight and kissed my forehead. 

After retiring to my room, I found myself distracted, and not wanting to recall the events that occurred over the past couple hours. Bored, I opened up Youtube and found a new video uploaded by Cry. Clicking my tongue, I internally debated for a good 10 minutes as my mouse hovered above the video. Sighing, I gave in and watched it; only to be taken aback in the first 2 minutes. As Cry introduced himself, he had a certain sadness in his tone, and a few of the comments pointed it out. 

A feeling of guilt washed over me as I felt responsible for his upset feelings. After finishing the video, I headed over to my closet and pulled an oversized flannel over my body. I headed downstairs quietly, the intention of apologising for my reaction on my mind. So lost in my thoughts, I hadn't realised Cry's sleeping figure until I heard soft snoring. Glancing down, I felt the heat fill my cheeks yet again. 

Cry was shirtless, with the blanket half off of his figure and brushing against the floor. Grey sweatpants loosely fit around his hips, despite being cinched and tied. I gulped and continued to stare before noticing him shudder as a cold breeze swept. I felt my face soften, and I grabbed the blanket, readjusting it to cover him. I found it odd that he slept with his mask still on, but shrugged it off, turning to head to the kitchen. 

After only one step, I felt my arm grabbed and before I knew it, I was tugged down into an embrace. I squirmed, my face crimson from embarrassment as I tried wriggling out of his strong grip.

"Cry?" I whisper-shouted, as I continued to struggle. His embrace was warm, his cologne faintly filling my nostrils. Realising the clear amount of strength he possessed and how futile it was to try and escape, I sighed and let my drowsiness consume me. 

- time skip-

A groan and sudden shift in movements awoke me. I reached one arm, but one was blocked by something sturdy. Yawning, I looked up and was met with a familiar white mask. Rolling my half lidded eyes, I laid back down onto the pillow and shut my eyes so I could resume my slumber.

Realisation in...

3....

2...

1...

"WHAT THE FUCK?!" Cry and I exclaimed in unison as I stumbled off the couch and scurried away while Cry pushed himself further into the couch. Footsteps sounded down the stairs and soon Marzia and Felix emerged; bed head and worried expressions on their faces. 

"What the hell happened with you two?" Felix asked, looking between  me and Cry. 

"I don't know Felix! I woke up and your sister was sleeping with me! She must've harassed me late at night when I was asleep!" Cry shouted. My eyes widened then narrowed as I stood up and put my arms in an X shape. 

"Absolutely fucking not! I came down to apologise to you and I fixed your blanket only to be tugged down and held like a damn teddy bear all night!" I defended, as Felix just sighed and smiled. 

"I mean, get used to it. You guys might share a bed one day." Marzia teased and giggled. stopping as she caught my glare. She retreated upstairs as Felix patted me on the shoulder. 

 "What's done is done, at least you guys slept well. Just go get dressed, we're going out for breakfast then I need to pick up some games from GameStop." Felix said, as I stood up. 

I headed upstairs and started to get ready.