Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Today was Jen's funeral, it was rainy, cold, and wet.

Rain pelted against the roof of the funeral home, which is a place for dead people, and  anybody and everybody that's greets Jen's casket only seems to notices that she is dead.

I tried not to cry as I saw schoolmates, family and friends crowded around in the small room.

People that I went to school with hugged my neck telling me that they are sorry. Jen's mother, Mrs. Murphy, whispered sofly in my ear "I'm glad you came." I nodded and she patted my back.

Her eyes where bloodshot red for crying, for who knows how many days?  6 days? A week? 2 weeks?

I sighed and walked over to the couch and sat down, watching as strangers hugged family and a few of Jen's friends weeped over her white and silver casket.

A man came; he was slim, tall looked to be about 6"2'. Dressed in a grey sweater, kakhi pants, black dress shoes, and a fadora hat. He looked over Jen's casket, shook his head them walked out.

Okay nobody else saw that, but me. Right?

I got up from my seat and looked down the long on streched hallway in search of the mysterious man. But when I had a chance to look down the hallway, amongst the gazillion of people that where obstructing my view. I finally got a glimps, but the mysterious man was gone.

Where did he go?

30 minutes passed, and the mysterious guy never returned. The funeral director entered the room.

"Okay, we are fixing to start the funeral. If family members and friends could set in the front row, you can just exist through that door right there." He said, in a graveled voice.

Everyone nodded and existed. Jen's mother, Kristal, kissed her hand and placed it on her daughters forehead, which was cold, and whispered, "I love you baby girl." And walked out of the room into the funeral  service where a crowd of over 60 people where held. Nearly the whole school of Redmond was there. I could hear a few weeping out in the sea of a big crowd.

"Friends, Family. We are gathered here today to celebrate the going home of Jen Murphy. Jen was a beautiful young girl, with a bright future ahead of her, that was sadly cut short. Friends and family, I hope you can look past the greif and realize that she has gone home to God. So do not threat or weep over her body, because now her spirit lives with in you now as fore her soul it has went with God..." The preacher said.

An hour passed by and within 10 minutes the funeral service was over. With sad smiles everyone went either to the bathroom or to their cars and waiting for other love ones of sat in their cars; stunned and weeped some more.

I was the last to leave. But I paused and saw the pallbearers place Jen's white casket in the back of a white van with tinted windows.

Crying softly to myself, I complete ingnored the footsteps that were coming toward me.

"Come on sweetie, its time to lay Jen to rest." Mrs. Murphy said, rubbing the small of my back. 

"Amazing Grace" is sunged over Jen's grave.

30 minutes after the song I watched in silents as they lowered Jen's pearl white casket into the ground. Lower and lower into the ground it went, until it disappeared; swallowed into the darkness.

Okay, now I can truly believe it Jen is honestly and truly dead...

A.N.: So you guys there was Ch. 12 of Finding Rosalyn. Leave your comments below :)