Chapter 26

Chapter 26

The smoke burned my eyes, and the inhalation from it was making me wheeze and cough.

My vision blurred before me, but the faint sound of a door being kick open filled my ears.

I was too frail and weak to look up at the stranger who had kick the door open, but I could hear the faint sound of their voice.

"Rosalyn?" They said. "Rosa? Stay with me?"

I coughed and looked up the stranger's body came to me fuzzy and blurred. "I'm going to save you, but you have to stay awake,"

I nodded my head, and I felt the tougging of strings from behind me. Then being dizzying and light head I fainted.

I felt the shaking, but never seized to wake up.

I gasped for air once my eyes snapped open. Flourish white lights and five people with white lab coats where in there with me. Three of those were doctors and the other two were nurses. "Where am I?" I asked in a horse, rasp voice.

All of the doctors and nurses snapped their attention towards me, astonished that I could talk.

"Why ma'am you're in the hospital," one of the doctors said.

"W-Would you like some water?" One of the nurses asked.

Now that she had mentioned it, I am a little thirsty. I nodded my head and she hurried off to go grab some water.

"You are extremely lucky," a blonde hair doctor said. He poked his head out the door, mumbling something. A few seconds later, a young man with long shaggy black hair and muscular tan skin stepped into the room. "This young man saved your life."

"Danni?" I questioned.

He nodded. "I'll leave you two some privacy," the doctors said, he shuts the door behind him.

"How did you know I would be in the burning abandoned warehouse?" I asked.

He shrugged. "Something told me to,"
I nodded and smiled, "Well thank you, you know for saving me,"

"No problem," he muttered.

I sighed looking at the wall my smile quickly turned into a frown. "Where's my mother?" I asked, still staring at the wall.

"I don't know," he said. "She had something to do with Jen's death and the idea in getting a man that she knew for the past 10 years to rape me at a young age," I mumbled.

He sighed, then looking up seeing that a woman who had my cup of water in her pale hand. "Here you go miss," she said in a cheerful voice. I smiled and thanked her, then she left the room.

Danni turned back around and faced me, watching me as I drowned the small cup water in one gulp.

"I don't know, but what I do know is this," He said, he got up from his chair and planted his lips firmly on mine.

He whispered, "I love you Rosalyn JayLynn Johnson,"