Chapter 8

Chapter 8

A vision of my attacker came into view. My head spinned and I had a feeling I was going to be sick. "I-I've got to go." I said, looking at both Danni and his mother.

"Sweetie, are you okay?" Mrs. Felhan asked.

Another vision of my attacker came back into veiw. "Yeah," I said, squeezing my eyes shut. "I'm fine." I hurried and grabbed my house coat and slipped it around me.

"Danni, follow her." Mrs. Felhan mumbled.

Danni, who kept his eyes transfixed on the front door, nodded his head and raced out the door after me.

"Rosalyn!" Danni shouted. No answer.

He ran around the cul de sac maybe once, maybe even twice, all in search for me. "Rosalyn!" He shouted once more, again no answer.

He stopped half way, out of breath, and thinking, Where could she be? Then broke into another run.

He came to a local park, and found me sitting on a swing alone.

"Hey," he said. His breaths shallow and heavy as if he just ran a 5K marathon. 

"Hey? You okay?" I asked, noticed that he was out of breath.

"Well..... trying to...... find you..... was harder...... than you think." He breaths, then takes the swing next to me.

He sighed looking out onto the vacant playground. "What are we going to do now?" He asked, in a quite voice.

"I-I don't know, but we will find a way." I said, kicking my foot back and forth in the dirt.

"But what if we don't?" He questioned. "Everyone at school will blame me." He said, looking down at the ground.

"Don't worry your not alone." I mumbled. "Everyone now is going to see me as the girl with the dead best friend." I said looking down at the dirt.

Danni looked at me with sensitive in his eyes. "No one should call you that." He whispered to me.

I shrugged. "Well they do."

"Hey, we're in this together," he said. "And whatever happens tomorrow happens. We can either set in silence like cowards and listen to taunting words by our peers or we can go down without a fight to clear our name." He said, still looking onward at the vacant playground.

I nodded my head. Still swinging my right foot back at forth into the dirt creating a mini dust storm.Both of us sat there, on the swings, together in complete silent.

A.N.: So you guys there is Ch. 8 of Finding Rosalyn. What did you guys think?