14: My Teacher is a Werewolf and I'm His Mate. Wait, What?!

Start from the beginning

“It doesn't matter, I can't chance it, we can't chance it. If he gets wind of what we have planned he'll squeal like a pig and that would ruin everything.”

“So what do we do?” She hid her smile as she turned to face him, putting on a frightful look to convey the fear she wanted him to think she felt.

“We have to keep Lexi away from him, he's dangerous Steven, I told you that. If he marks her she'll never be able to get away. Send her to stay with a relative or boarding school, or something, but make sure you leave no trace. Logan's no one's fool, he'll track her wherever she goes and with those two buffoons in town as well the chances are that he'll find her fast.” Faster than she'd like, she needed time for her plan to work and with Logan in town that time was running out. If he figured out what she was planning it would all be over before it began.

^~^

“Noreen? How are you-” The words seem choked from him, the look of pure guilt on his face makes my heart clench and I don't know how to comfort him. How are you supposed to comfort someone that's being confronted by their dead wife? Especially when they think they're responsible for their death? His eyes narrowed on her, looking back and forth between us a couple of times before he sighed, stalked to the bar and froze. “She was the one in your house before, wasn't she.”

It wasn't a question, the look in his eyes said that he didn't want or need answer and all I could do was nod. What was I supposed to tell him? Yea, that was your dead wife that you were supposedly trying to protect me from? Somehow nothing I can think of to say seems appropriate right now, even if I could talk myself into speaking. “I-I didn't know who she was, it never occurred to me that you were-that she was talking about you. I-I-sorry.” For some reason the look on his face scares me, its almost as if he's disappointed.

“Why contact Lexi and not me? She didn't even know about our past until earlier tonight.” He fills a glass with some kind of alcohol and downs it in one gulp, his eyes never leaving Noreen.

“No, she didn't, but I knew about your bond. I've been trying to contact you for years, Logan, you were just too depressed to notice.” Logan depressed? Why do I find that one hard to believe? Noreen's eyes narrow on him, a frown creasing her forehead. “You know it wasn't your fault, right? No one could have saved me, she had it all planned out.”

“Who had what planned out?” Logan snaps, slamming his hands down on the bar so suddenly that it makes me jump in surprise.

“Gloria.” She says it so conversationally, as if it means nothing, that I don't know what to think. Logan's snarl of impatience fills the room, leaving me to stare in shock as he glares daggers at Noreen. I thought he loved her? “She had me killed by a pack of rouges to get you to join her and from the looks of it it worked, for a little while at least.”