14: My Teacher is a Werewolf and I'm His Mate. Wait, What?!

Start from the beginning

Wait, is Logan even my boyfriend? Gah, I shouldn't even be thinking about this right now, worrying about where our relationship stands. I should be worrying about my dad and what the hell Logan isn't telling me about Gloria. Because I know there's something he isn't telling me and I have a bad feeling that I won't like whatever it is.

“What's on your mind?” His hand smooths down my arm leaving goosebumps in its wake. I just shake my head and turn away from his searching eyes to get out of the bed, not getting very far when he grabs my arm. “Lexi?”

“Nothing, I gotta use the bathroom.” He sighs from behind me but otherwise stays quiet as I go to the bathroom.

What's the matter with me? There a ton of other things I should be worrying about right now, but instead I'm standing here wondering what our relationship is to him. He's already said that he loves me, that I'm his mate, why can't that be enough for my over active imagination? He's said that he wouldn't leave me, no matter what, so why can't I stop thinking that he will once he gets bored?

“He's not going anywhere, he loves you too much too.” I shriek and spin around, coming face to face with the very ghost Logan had been trying to save me from weeks before. Her head tilts to the side, a sad smile gracing her lips when Logan starts banging on the door.

“Lexi, what's wrong? Lexi, I know something is in there with you, I can feel it.” My mouth opens to answer but nothing comes out, what am I supposed to say? How can I tell him that a ghost is in here without him thinking I'm insane?

“Tell him, he deserves to know, Alexandria.” I blink back at her, Logan continues banging on the door and tears fill her eyes. She couldn't be...

“Logan, what was your wife's name?” I breathe the question, swallowing when he doesn't answer right away. Please God, it can't be.

“Her name was Noreen.” His was voice was cautious when he answered and the look on his face when I opened the door was priceless. His eyes go wide and it takes a moment for him to speak. “There's no way.”

^~^

“Gloria, what does it matter? You can't keep him from her once he marks her, why bother trying?” He didn't understand, no one understood, not even once she explained it to them.

“Because, he knows what I have planned, I've worked too hard, Steven, for my plan to fall through now.” She'd spent too long perfecting her plan, placed too many people in the right places for it to all go to hell now. She couldn't allow it.

“What makes you think he'll even figure it out? I mean he didn't even realize you were in town until you showed yourself to him.” She rolled her eyes impatiently. Pure luck had been the only thing keeping Logan from noticing her presence, that and his newly found mate. But now that he knew she'd have to be much more careful, especially since Lexi had been in contact with his dead wife. There's no telling what the two of them knew now.