Part 1

Brooklynn's Perspective

After graduating high school, I had Chanell and Chelle. Then 6 months later Ty and I got married. My parents was judgemental at first but they learn to accept it.

A year ago we all moved out to Las Vegas, Nevada. Everybody moved out here. Mom and dad. Jaylen and his daughter, Zane. Ty and I and the kids, Chantelle, Tj, the twins. London and Devin and the girls, Jaay and Zay. Cya was already in Las Vegas attending college.

I could say honestly our family has been stronger since the years past. Jaylen and I were super close and had a lot in common. Our parents are still together and kickin. Devin and Ty got close again. Ty and I took Chantelle in as our own. Jaylen been living that single life ever since he broke it off with Zane's mom.

I was cleaning up the mess Chanell, Chelle, and Zay made. When the boys walked in. They were laughing and talking about something. I couldn't make it out. Then I heard Chelle and Zay erupt in laugh.

Chanell - I help momma

Chanell climbed up on her stool wiping the counter. She's my good child. I love all my children. But Chanell was the good one. Tj acts just like Ty. Chelle acts like my dad. Chantelle just turned 13. She's a teenager now and mostly hangs out with Zane. Bad ass thirteen years old.

Chelle - I got dollar

Chanell - I want one

Brooklynn - oh lawdd

Chelle - daddy gave me it

Chanell - DADDY

She yelled Ty name for the longest. He walked in all smiles.

Ty - yes princess

Chanell - dollar

She held out her hand putting her other hand on her hip. Such a diva.

Ty - you little hustler, aren't you

Chanell - dollar

Ty - here you go

Brooklynn - smh

He gave her a dollar then whispered in the girls ear. They ran out going in the living room.

Brooklynn - what you tell them

Ty - jump on uncle Devin and beat him up

Brooklynn - mmhm

Ty - Cya come yet

Brooklynn - nope not yet

We walked into the living room seeing all three of girls beating up Devin. It was too cute. I giggled a little. Ty was cracking up.

Devin - who's idea was it

Chelle - daddy

Devin - uh huh

Chanell - uncle Devin going to get you, daddy

Ty - nope

Zay - Jaay home

Devin - not yet . Almost time to go pick up the rascals from school .

Ty - ugh

Zay- otay

Brooklynn - going to go pick them up now

Chelle - coming with

Zay - I come

Chanell - I always go, dont I

I grabbed my keys headed out the door as I rolled my eyes playfully. The girls followed me. I stopped looking at the boys.

Brooklynn- don't tear up the house like last time

Ty - won't get it dirty .. Promise

Brooklynn - mhmm

I walked to the car putting the girls in. I buckled Zay in. Chanell and Chelle wanted to be big girls and do it themselves. I hopped in pulling off going to the elementary first to get Jaay and Tj and then to the middle school.

It was always the same routine with Chantelle and Zane. Picked them up and they're no where to be find. Until I have to get out the car.

Tj - mommy can we get food

Brooklynn - after I get the girls

Tj - ok

Brooklynn - I'll be back. Jaay and Tj, you're in charge ..

Jaay - iight

Tj - ok

I got out taking the keys with me locked them in. I walked up to the building opening the door. I was caught off guard when I saw someone.

Brooklynn - Shaa ?

Shaa - Brooke, omg its you

Brooklynn - yeah, you live in Las Vegas

Shaa - yeah with my husband and kids

Brooklynn - me too

Shaa - wait you marry ?

Brooklynn - Ty

Shaa - that Ty

Brooklynn - yup and four kids

Shaa - damn

Brooklynn - yeah, we should catch up some time

Shaa - read my mind, boo

We exchanged numbers then she left. I continued to walk when Elle ran up to me.

Chantelle: Hey mommy . Now lets go

Brooklynn : Where's Zane

Chantelle - coming

Brooklynn - where

Chantelle - down by the restroom and lockers

Brooklynn - come on

Chantelle - iight

She led down the stairs to where ever Zane was. Zane was at her locker picking up her bag. She closed the locker walking towards us.

Zane - hey auntie

Brooklynn - hey yall got everything

Chantelle - yup

Zane - yeah

They looked like they was up to no good. I let what ever they was up to go for now. I walked back to the car. I'm going to get Tj. Always playing with shit in the car.

Tj - heyyyyyyyyyy

Brooklynn - get in the back now

Tj - ohkay mommy

I pulled off as we got in the car. Tj kept bugging me about food. Chelle and Zay fell asleep. Chanell and Chantelle was listening to Nicki Minaj blasted thru speakers. Zane stared at the window looking sad hurt and confused at once.

Something was wrong