Part 9

Drew's Perspective

I don't know why she making go to this thing this weekend. I just  wanted to chill with the guys. But, no. She says I don't spend enough time with her or Kai. She made me agree to this shit. I was dropping Kai off at my moms. "daddy, ice cream" Kai was driving me insane today. "Ight" I said. I knew she wouldn't shut up about the ice cream. I find nearest dairy queen.

I walked in with her clinging to my leg. "chocolate and vanilla, daddy" Kai told me. Running to a empty table. I ordered than went to sit down. Kai was extra clingy today. I felt some eyes stared tf at me. "did you remember the sprinkles" she was playing with her necklace looking up at me. "yes princess, I didn't forget" I said tickling her. "ohkay" she erupted with laughter. I stopped going to get our ice cream. I walked back and Kai clapped with  excitement.

"daddy" she said. She had chocolate all over her mouth mixed in vanilla and sprinkles. "what's up, princess" I said. "do you and mommy have to go" she looked down eating her ice cream. "yes, mommy and I need some time to ourselves and you will be with grandma" I said. She looked at me with her brown eyes. "with nana" she giggled clapping her hands. "yes, hurry up so can I drop you off" I texted my mom. Telling her we was on our way. I put my phone when I finished. Kai stared at me. "what" I asked. "you gonna finish that" I pushed my ice cream in front of her. "nah, you can have it, princess" she smiled getting up. "I'll take it with me to nana's" I laughed getting up. I put Kai in her seat buckling her in. I closed the door walking to my side getting in.

My mom kept nagging about how this trip will be good for me and MiKayla. I ain't feel like hearing this. Not now. "You hear me, boy" she yelled at me. " yeah" I said. Looking down at Kai sleeping in my lap. She was holding my old teddy bear I had when I was her age. She got up grabbing Kai. "you need to be headed out now" she said. I sighed getting up. I kissed Kai's forehead headed out the door.

MiKayla was still blowing my phone up. I pulled at the house walking in the door. "about damn time, Drew" I heard Kay sneak up on me. When I entered the bedroom. I took off my shirt walking in the closet. "are you ready" she stood in the door folding her arms. I honestly wasn't ready for this trip. "let me change real quick. And then, off to this place. What's it for again" I turned looking at her. "you never pay attention, do you" she walked off. I heard her carrying bags downstairs.

I just had this feeling about something. I wasn't going to like it.