Resolution

The Baudelaire children have lives that go beyond their pasts.

They are still orphans, it is true, but they are also parents now, to Beatrice Snicket Baudelaire.

They sometimes lie awake at night, thinking about all the choices they had to make, and all the heartache they've been through, but they are proven innocent, now, and free to go about their lives to do what they see fit.

Violet is a mechanic. To her, nothing at all feels better than fixing something that had been broken or improving something that was sub-optimal. Nothing except spending time with her family, that is.

Klaus is a Ph.D. student. Right now, he is studying to get a Ph.D. in Ancient Roman History, but he intends to keep studying for the rest of his life. There is almost nothing better to him than learning new things. Nothing except spending time with his family, of course.

Sunny intends to be a chef. She loves to find new combinations to make something taste better. She loves to see the smiles on the faces of her family as they taste one of her new concoctions. Nothing is better than cooking for her family.

Beatrice, at the moment, knows next to nothing about her guardians' sad history. What she does know is that she has three very loving guardians who would do anything for her. The happiest moments of her life have been spent with her family.

They are all happiest with each other, and nobody will be allowed to tear them from each other, for the Baudelaires are a family. They have some rough edges and dark secrets, that is for certain, but they are and will remain a family, strong and whole.