Snow Day

Hello everybody, it is I, your inconsistent but well-meaning author, Queenie. This is a note to wish you all a Merry Christmas if you celebrate that, a Happy Hanukah if that's your jam (it's mine), or any other winter holiday you happen to celebrate. A happy new year to all, and I hope everybody stays warm if you live in a place that is cold.

With that out of the way, here is the oneshot you signed up for when you clicked this. 

-------------------------------------------------

Violet woke up and looked outside her window to an expanse of white. There was snow on the ground and lots of it. She dashed into Klaus's room and shook him awake. Smiling at his confused mumbles, she told him, "It snowed. We're going to play in it. You get Sunny, I'll get Bea."

Klaus rubbed his eyes and put his glasses. He smiled and nodded and headed towards Sunny's bedroom, and Violet walked towards Beatrice's. She opened her young daughter's door, turned the lights on, and opened the curtains. Then she said, "Beatrice, sweetie, wake up!"

The toddler's eyes fluttered and opened. Violet picked her up and showed her the view from her window.

"'s all white," the two-year-old told Violet.

"Yes, Bea, you're right! Isn't it exciting? It's snow! And we are going to play in it." Violet kissed Beatrice on the head. "Won't that be fun?"

"We gonna play?"

"Yes." Violet came downstairs with Beatrice to see Klaus and Sunny already there. "Well?" Violet asked, beginning to laugh. "What are we waiting for? We are going to play in the snow, so let's get some coats on." She threw open the door to the closet and started to hand out coats. Soon, her whole family was smiling and giggling. She carefully wrapped Beatrice in her snow pants and coat and some mittens, and tied on her boots, then threw on her own gear and asked Sunny, "Do you need help?"

"No, thank you," the four-year-old replied. "Klaus already helped me."

Violet smiled at her brother, who already had his gear on, and the four children went outside. Klaus made a snowball and threw it at Sunny, who shrieked with laughter and threw one right back. Violet showed Beatrice how to build a snowman, just as her namesake had taught Violet, and soon Klaus and Sunny, both howling with laughter, came to help them.

The four children went inside after several hours, and Sunny helped Violet make hot chocolate for the family. It was warm and bright inside the house, and every inch was filled with love.