What If? Book the Ninth

Violet, Klaus, and Sunny Baudelaire held their breath as Count Olaf and his theater troupe left the car. Then, quickly and quietly, the three children carried out the plan they had formulated in the trunk of Olaf's car. 

Sunny looked around for a bag and any food supplies or money. After a moment's hesitation, she also took the keys of Olaf's car and bit all four wheels, as well as the spare. She wanted a large head start. The youngest Baudelaire crawled all around the villain's car, picking up objects and examining them as fast as she could.

Klaus took any scrap that had writing on it. It might be a part of the Snicket file. Though he couldn't find many books, he did find a sheaf of paper. He looked at it and saw blocks of handwritten words. Immediately, he picked out two. 'Baudelaire,' and 'Quagmire.' He looked at the page for a moment more, then tucked it away, searching for more papers.

Violet gathered disguises, clothing, and materials for inventions. Then she looked down at the trunk of the car and saw a long, sharp knife- the same knife 'Stephano' had threatened Sunny with, all those long months ago. She bit her lip, closed her eyes tightly, and then picked up the knife, which she held carefully by the handle. She thought that she might look like an evil spirit to passersby, with her hospital gown she wore blowing around her knees in the wind and the blade she held in her right hand.

Then Violet consolidated the things that they found into a duffel bag Sunny had procured and shouldered it. Klaus picked up his baby sister, and the three children ran into a nearby forest.

Violet wordlessly handed coats to her siblings before taking one for herself, slipping the knife into one of the coat's deep pockets. "Klaus, any luck?" She said finally.

"I don't know. I'll have to read through everything when we get a moment," Klaus replied. "But I know there's a paper with our names on it. Us and the Quagmires." He sighed, hating being in the dark. "Sunny, what about you? Anything helpful?"

"Fukil," Sunny said. She meant something along the lines of, 'If it's not all rotten.' She rummaged through the duffel. She brought out a handful of dollar bills and coins and a few pieces of bread, cheese, and fruit. She also had found several jars, one filled with what seemed to be olives, one filled with possibly spoiled milk, and one with a hunk of something that might be meat. She could still taste the rubber she had bitten.

They heard a crack behind them. The two older Baudelaires whirled around. Violet pulled the knife out of her pocket. Klaus stared into the trees. When nothing came out, Klaus sighed and turned to his sister. Then his face changed. "Violet, is that the knife 'Stephano' had?" He asked warily.

"Yes." Violet replied. "It's better I have it than he does." Violet said it to convince herself as much as her brother. She slipped the knife back into her pocket and sat down. "We'll spend the night here. Then we'll leave. We'll go as far away from here as possible, and try to sustain ourselves on our own."

Queenie here- IDK about this chapter. Vote if you liked it. Review and give suggestions to make this better and to give me ideas for the next few. I have no idea where I'm going with this.

PS Violet/Duncan oneshot is on its way.