Triplet Interlude

Isadora Quagmire woke up in time to bite back a scream. She tiptoed out of her room. She needed to check, to see with her own eyes that Duncan was still there, still alive, still breathing, that there were still two living Quagmire triplets. She went to the door of Duncan's room and knocked on his door softly. She heard his footsteps as he walked carefully up to the door and then he opened it hesitantly. His eyes met hers and he let out a sigh.

"Isadora, thank god. I had this nightmare..." he laughed dryly. "I thought you might be Olaf or Esme or something."

"Can I come in?"

"Of course."

She walked into his room. As always, newspapers littered the floor and the typewriter that she had gotten him for his birthday one year sat on his desk, and as always, there was a document in the typewriter, half-written. He sat back down on his bad and motioned that she should do the same.

"I had a nightmare too, and... god, I thought for a moment that they killed you, really. We were back when they took us from Prufrock, and instead of us both being in the car, they just took me and they killed you. I was so scared..." Isadora laid her head in Duncan's lap. "I couldn't stand to lose another brother."

"You didn't lose me. You won't lose me." Duncan put a hand on her head. "It's okay. We're okay."

"Wait, Dunc, you... you were so scared when you opened the door." She sat up. "Are you okay?"

"I had the same dream, except they killed you."

"I'm not killed." Isadora thought for a moment. "We two triplets will always be strong/ And the brother we lost will be cheering us on."