Chapter 18 : Harsh Bite

Comincia dall'inizio

"I don't want-" Mr. Deighton cut her short by suddenly getting hold of her neck but very gently this time.

"The actual reason? Now..." his fresh breath fanned over her lips. He wanted to rip those rags apart and fuck her senseless at this point as a punishment for lying to him and being so vulnerable.

Crystal stayed quiet, she couldn't tell him the reason or she was worried he would hurt her father.

When despite him repeatedly asking for the response, she didn't give an answer, Cloyd thought that this was enough. He grabbed the back of her head and crashed his lips against her in not a passionate but rough, forceful and punishing kiss.

His teeth mercilessly scraped against her lips but not enough to make her bleed. He forced his tongue to gain access of the inside of her sweet, sweet mouth but she didn't part her lips. Cloyd placed a hand over her waist and savagely ran his palm along her tiny waist and tummy until he crawled further up to give her breast a tight squeeze.

Crystal gasped loudly and he took the opportunity to push his tongue inside her mouth and feel her warm tongue. She made a small helpless noise almost like a sensual moan and it aroused him further. Crystal's hand pushed at his chest but he held both of her wrists and twisted it to lock and hold behind her back.

Her little body writhed under him in an attempt to set free but the increasing warmth between her thighs told a different story.

He ravaged her mouth for solid five minutes until he pulled away and let her gasp for breath.

She looked even more disheveled than she did before.

"Next time," Cloyd glanced at her with a hooded look and resumed, "I will want a truthful response to any question I ask or the punishment would be harsher and beyond your expectations," he warned.

"And I'll want you to make up to me by tomorrow."

Cloyd stepped back and started retreating when a panicked Mark came to his view.

"Mr. Moore," Cloyd grinned while hiding the brewing anger.

"What are you doing here?" he asked rather rudely.

"I had sent my lawyer to personally give you an invitation and I made sure he would have reminded you about the ball twice," Cloyd took off his gloves and gave Mark a sharp glare.

"We didn't receive any invitation," he snapped and looked over at a shocked and panting Crystal.

"I believe my employee enough that he wouldn't have made such mistake," Cloyd announced proudly.

"What happened here?" he asked in worry avoiding the topic.

"Oh nothing, I came here to see Crystal. It annoyed me to not find yours and her presence at my humble house warming party," Cloyd coolly explained and walked closer to Mark.

"May I have a word with you in private?"

Crystal quickly left the shop before giving Cloyd a worried look. He could never forget the scene - flushed cheeks, swollen lips and strange uncertainty in eyes. She looked so pure and angelic.

"What do you want to talk about?" Mark broke the silence trying to sound brave but his voice gave away the fear that was instilling inside him.

"Why did you not let her attend the ball?"

"Rubbish! I don't know what you are talking about!" Mark lied, aggressively.

"Then why was she crying when I stepped inside your filthy shop, scrubbing the counters at this hour when she should be free by now and care to explain those red marks on her wrist?" Cloyd spoke in a hushed voice but the rage inside him was clearly visible. He hated to see her hurt.

Mark chose to remain silent because he was guilty that he forcefully held her back and even resorting to violence to stop her.

How pitiful despite being her father, Cloyd thought.

"When everyone around her age was out there enjoying their youth and you make her work all day like a lowly maid," he gritted his teeth.

"I wish to rip those limbs off but I do not wish to see anymore tears in her eyes atleast for today..."

"I am well aware this is all because of me," Cloyd said with a low grunt. "From this day forward, if I see her crying because of you or find that you have been an animal to her, I'll make sure you experience pain as thrice."

"I promise she will not be touched inappropriately against her consent. But, you will never, ever stop her to see me again," Cloyd assured.

"What do you want from her?" Mark's voice shook.

Cloyd ignored his question and stormed out of the shop before turning back for a final statement, "She is mine. She will now be under my direct care and you'll dare not tread in between. I hope I made myself very clear."

_________________________________________________________

The rain mercilessly poured over the green and beautiful Autumlare. The heavy, dark clouds descended down to drench the town wet and steal the lovely moonshine.

Cloyd's mood was similar but the kiss seemed to have soothed his anger down a bit. Her taste was intoxicating, he didn't plan to plunder the warmth inside her mouth so harshly but he just couldn't stop himself.

He was now insanely attracted to her and his temptation to give into lust wasn't far but he had to keep up the promise. But then again, aren't promises meant to be broken?

He smiled evilly.

Cloyd reached back to his manor and had noticed that all the carriages carrying people had now left. Leaving behind an eerie silence except for that of the pounding rain and subtle thunder.

He pulled away his hat and over-coat and raised his head in surprise.

'The sharp mouthed damsel in distress,' he thought, seeing the lovely blonde girl admiring one of the paintings. Her hands held back leisurely and a smug look on her face.

The lonely girl in the large, empty ball room was moving about nonchalantly laced with pretentious innocence.

"Miss Donovan," he called out with a charming yet devilish grin.

______________________________________________

A/N:

How do you think will Crystal make up to Mr. Deighton for rejecting his invitation? ;)