/Chapter Seventeen/

Start from the beginning

I decided to text Chaeyoung to ask her how is she going. It didn't take long for her to reply saying she was with Y/N in the building right now because manager Kris is not in the building. I went back to the room planning to go to the building but something unexpected came up.

I read the message and saw where it came from. I looked at it for a long as if I'm not waiting for it. But now that it was already there, I felt nervous suddenly. But I have to do it anyway. I breathe deeply and replied to him. I looked at my watch checking how much time I still have to get ready. Whether it was only a second left, I knew that I have to finish this before it went bigger.

__________________________

Your PoV

"Thank you, manager unnie." Chaeyoung unnie and I said after manager unnie dropped us off the building.

"No problem, call me if there's still anything I can do. I just need to work on our assignment, enjoy girls."

After that, she left us and we walked to the practice room. I was in relief that Chaeyoung unnie decided to go with me. Tho I think I can attend my sessions alone now, It was a big help that she's here.

"I'm thankful you come with me unnie. I know it's just a matter of time till I get used to this schedule, but I'm thankful you're here to accompany me."

"Aishh, don't mention it. I want to go here too."

"Mind if you tell me why? Are you going to have some practice too or what?"

"Nah, I'll just watch you." I rolled my eyes as she chuckled and pushed the door of the practice room.

"Right." I scoffed. 

As we entered the room, I was surprised to see my dance coach.

"Oh my, Am I late? I'm sorry, coach Younghae. I didn't know you'll come early today."

He just smiled at me and handed me a small drink which I am pretty much sure he bought outside the company.

"No, no, It's okay. I decided to come early today because I was choosing some songs and choreographies to teach you. pd-nim mentioned that you'll be filming a teaser for your 

upcoming debut. Anyway, Kris is not with you? Chaeyoung didn't expect you'll be here." coach Younghae said and looked at Chaeyoung unnie as he noticed her standing behind me.

"Oh, just accompanying my friend here, right Y/N?"

"You know her too. Y/N must be lucky to know her seniors, aren't you Y/N?"

"Yeah," I just said and chuckled.

"Are you going to stay here too until the end of the practice?" the coach asked Chaeyoung unnie.

"Yup, but don't worry. I won't make any interruptions." Chaeyoung unnie said.

"Okay... Well, anyway, let's go and check the songs I prepared for you. You can have some coffee while we are choosing, I wouldn't mind." He said as he pointed at the coffee that he just gave me.

"Oh thank you." As we walked to the sound system, he played some of the samples of the songs that he chose for me.

"Wow, all of these are...uhm, I don't know the word."

"Too much." Chaeyoung unnie said who was sitting on the couch at the side. I didn't expect that she was also listening. Although the speaker is on, I thought she was just gonna sit there and do some other stuff.

"I'm sorry?" coach Younghae said.

"I mean, the songs are pretty much aggressive for a teaser. That's just what I think."

"Well, it's okay. I know Y/N can do it. After the week's dance sessions, she showed some big progress. This is why I wanted you to try these or at least one of the songs I prepared for you. Your dance coach would be so proud if people will praise you for carrying good and show-stopping dance moves." He said as he smiled ear to ear. He put his hand on my back and patted my back.

"Uhm, well... If that's what you think." I shrugged then he removed his hand from me.

"I wanna see the choreograph," I added.

"That's the spirit! Okay, let me put this song and I'll teach you the first few steps." He said.

I nodded and just stood on the side while he played a song mixed and get on his stand. As the music started, he started to show me the steps that I need to learn. The first few steps are just easy to remember. It's more expression-showing than moving my body along the song. But as the song gets longer and the beat gets heavier, the dance steps are getting more and more...complicated for me.

"Oh, no, excuse me, there's no way Y/N would do that. I think those moves are too soon for a debut teaser. And the dance steps, it's too much!"

I was surprised as Chaeyoung unnie jumped in the middle and started to speak— no, more like a yell as she also saw how the dance steps is going.

"Unnie," I called as I can sense that she was not happy with what just witnessed. I tried to pull her back to make her calm but I don't think it's helping.

"What's wrong? I'm just matching the steps on the song. Besides, pd-nim assigned her to me. I don't think there's something wrong if I'll tell her what I know is the best for her performance."

"I know, but...what you want her to do is so..." Chaeyoung unnie said as she stopped. She's not yelling anymore but I can still sense the frustration in her.

"So? So mature? I don't see anything wrong with that. It's not like she's still a minor. And this will attract more fans."

"It's okay, unnie. I'll do it. But maybe we can change some of the dance steps if that's fine. I don't think I can do as much as you're doing. I wanted to do my best for this project too. And I don't think I can do all you want me to do." I said.

He sighed as he crossed his arms when he looked at me.

"Fine, but only because you asked. And next time, please, I don't want interruptions or opinions... Especially from someone who's not even in this business." He said as he looked at Chaeyoung unnie.

"I'm sorry, I won't interrupt anymore. Go on, continue." Chaeyoung unnie said as she walked back to the couch and sat there.

I looked while she was also looking at me. I mouthed 'sorry' since in the first place, she wouldn't be here if It was not for me. She just smiled at me and nodded, telling me to go back to practice.