/Chapter Nine/

Third Person

After talking to JYP, Y/N and the managers head straight to the practice room where the girls are. Y/N is still nervous but not as much as a while ago. The warm welcome of the managers does help her to feel less tense. Along the way, the managers are talking to Y/N, about how amazed they are with the younger and how fascinated they are by her song covers.

"Actually, you have one listener from the girls. She's been listening to you ever since.

"Really? I didn't expect that, what a coincidence that I get to be with her."

"Yeah. But non of the girls have a clue who you are, we keep it a secret."

"Oh," Y/N said as she laughed nervously.

"Here we are." Said the other manager.

"Are you ready?" 

"You don't need to ask," Y/N said with a shaky voice as her body shakes to in excitement.

As soon as the manager opened the door and Y/N entered first, she didn't expect what she saw. A huge question mark formed in her head as she was welcomed by air.

"Uhm."

Of course, the manager already knows what's happening. They knew their artist well, it is something they do often when they are in the practice room. But instead of telling the girls to come out from their hiding spots, the other managers agreed mentally that they will join the unforgettable moment.

"Oh, they probably left. Let me just call them."

Y/N's smile slowly fades as she can't help but overthink. 

What if they left because they don't want her?

What if they left because... they are not interested?

Those are just some questions that are running in Y/N's mind.

Y/N clutched on the strap of her sling bag as she bite her lip unconsciously. She's getting anxious the longer it takes. She can even see the panic on the manager's face as "they can't contact" the girls.

"I told them to wait here."

"Maybe they already left?" Y/N's Aunt said which made Y/N feel uncomfortable with the situation.

"Maybe? They don't really like coming today." 

Y/N felt like she was about to cry as she heard the manager's sentence. She knew the managers didn't mean to hurt Y/N's feelings but for some reason, it's hurting the younger.

Y/N is literally chewing her lip as she watches the manager call the girls again but it's worse as it didn't last for a minute until the manager put the phone down again.

"They blocked my number, Aish! Can you try to reach Jihyo?" The other manager said to the other one.

"Let's just go to the dorm. It's okay for Y/N, right?" Kris said.

The two managers looked at Y/N as if they are asking if that was really okay for her.

"Yeah, it's fine," Y/N said as she smiled.

"Hay, but they are supposed to welcome their new member." 

"I'll try to call them again." 

Y/N breathe deeply as she faced Kris and smiled.

"I don't think this is a good idea." Y/N chuckled nervously as she whispered to her Aunt.

"It's okay," Kris said as she pats the younger's back.