Chapter 2

Eventually, after looking around for about 10 minutes, Kenma finally ran into Hinata.
"I heard from Yaku that you wanted to talk to me about something, what is it?"
"Kenma I found a way to get you outside."

"...you're serious." No one could blame Kenma for asking, this was very sudden after all.

"Why would I joke about this Kenma!" Hinata had a look of excitement in his face. After 2 long years, he would finally get to show Kenma the world. He would finally fulfill their promise.
"How and when?"

"How is by using this hole I found a wall, and when is whenever you want, as long as it's at night."

"My parents leave on a negotiation trip in 3 days, how about then?"
"Wow, that works perfectly! I'm so happy I can show you outside Kenma, you'll finally meet everyone I've told you about."

"Yeah, I can meet this Kageyama you won't shut up about."
"Hey! You better not say that when you meet him!"
"No promises."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was later that day, and Kenma couldn't stop thinking about his conversation with Shoyo. He had to act natural so his parents wouldn't suspect anything, but that turned out to be more difficult then he thought. However, now it was time to get serious. It was time for another military meeting. He solemnly walked to the war council room, dreading another strategy meeting. It doesn't surprise many people, but Kenma hates conflict. He believes that peace is a much easier option, but unfortunately, his parents seem to think the opposite. Soon enough, he had reached the council room, and the meeting was in session.

"The military meeting is now officially in session now that my son is here, the main issue we're dealing with is how to form a truce with Karasuno. Kenma, any ideas?"

"...We could just agree to stop attacking their borders and secure a trade route." It's times like these that Kenma remembers how stupid his parents can be when it comes to peace. The solution to the situation was obvious.

"Dear you're a life saver sometimes. We leave to Karasuno in 3 days, and if they deny our offer, we'll threaten them by saying if they don't trade with us, we'll keep attacking their borders!"

"Mother, that's not how you negotiate peace, you can't threaten them-"
"Kenma, you're still young and you haven't seen the world. You don't know what those barbarians are like. The only way to get them to cooperate is to instill fear." Kenma knew that his parents were tyrants, but this was a whole other level of stupid.

"Fine, just at least try to be civil and at least only threaten them as a last resort."
"Good answer, now, let's talk tactics."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kenma was practically exhausted after the meeting, he didn't even bother eating. He knew Yaku would eventually force him to eat anyway, so he just went to sleep instead. Even as he was trying to sleep, all he could think of was how in 3 days he would see the outside world.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After a good nap, or what most would call oversleeping, Kenma woke up to the sound of Yaku yelling at Lev from the other side of the door. He decided to listen in, a little eavesdropping never hurt anyone, right?

"You idiot! You call yourself part of N-"
"Yaku, I don't think this is a good place to talk about that."

"Shit, you're right. Never thought I would say that. Well, in 2 days at the next meeting we can talk about this."
"Wait at the meeting?!? I don't want Kuroo to yell at me again-"

"Well you should've thought of that before you did something stupid."
"Geez I said I'm sorry, but I should really get going. I was supposed to be on duty 30 minutes ago."

"Lev you idiot! Fucking book it and don't get caught."
"Ok, bye love."
"Bye, you lovable idiot."

Kenma heard Lev's loud footsteps run off after that. He also heard softer footsteps coming towards him, so he went to take a shower. Yaku usually respects his privacy, so if Kenma was in the shower, Yaku wouldn't question anything. He didn't know what to make of the conversation he'd just heard, but he knew that something was going on, and that his guards were more then they seemed. Who the hell was Kuroo? Why did that name sound familiar? What was Yaku going to say before Lev cut him off? Since when were Yaku and Lev a thing? While Kenma didn't have a problem with it, he knew that his parents would probably execute them for that.

That was another reason why he didn't like his parents, they were extremely homophobic. He would often look at the guards in training, and he sometimes found them attractive. Especially one he had seen 2 years ago, one with crazy bed head and a smirk that would scare children. After a difficult mission, however, Kenma never saw that guard again, so he just assumed the guy had died. He couldn't recall the name of the guard to save his life, so why did the name Kuroo suddenly set something off in his brain?