Chapter 1

2 Years Ago

"Shoyo, what's the outside like?"
"Outside? Oh, you mean outside the castle? It's amazing! There are so many different types of people, animals, flowers, just EVERYTHING is different. One day you'll see it Kenma."
"Can you take me there? Can you show me outside?"
"Sure! It's a promise." Shoyo flashed his signature smile, and Kenma couldn't help but smile as well.

Now, when he looks back on it. This was the start. The start of his obsession with one day going outside, Shoyo had now promised to show it to him. Neither knew when the day would come, but one day they would fullfill their promise. However, this was a promise made by naive children, and soon Kenma would realize how naive he truly was.

Present Day

Now when Kenma looks back, he realizes how hopeful he was. Over time, he had almost given up on leaving. Shoyo was always able to tell when this was about to happen, and he never failed to rejuvenate Kenma's hope with another amazing story. Whether it be about the amazing people or the beautiful scenery, afterwards Kenma was determined as ever to see the outside world.

The only problem with that was his parents, the tyrant rulers. They were extremely against Kenma leaving the castle, as they didn't want outsiders to "contaminate" him.

In around 4 months, Kenma would turn 18. Soon he would need a spouse, which would be an issue because he already knew his sexuality, and he certainly wasn't attracted to women. However, they needed an heir, but that issue could be dealt with when it was apparent. Currently, Kenma's biggest concern was why he should get out of bed in the morning.

"Kenma, you need to get up."
"But why Yaku... 5 more minutes." Yaku was kinda like the mom of the castle guards. He kept everyone in check, including Kenma himself.

"You said that 10 minutes ago, I've already been more lenient then usual, so get up." Once Kenma heard Yaku's tone, he gradually sat up in bed. Yaku was scary when he was angry, sure he may be short, but if you're not careful you could lose a kneecap. Another guard, Lev, learned that the hard way.

"You know, Hinata told me that he had something important to tell you, and maybe if you hurry, you'll actually find out what it is before your military meeting." Yaku has his ways of making Kenma motivated, and this practically made him jump out of bed. He usually only did that when a new book in his favorite series was introduced. It was extremely rare for Shoyo to have something important to say, so when he did, it was certainly a cause for excitement.

After Kenma left the bed, now finding his reason, he made a bee line towards the bathroom. He brushed his teeth, washed his face, and did other things you do in an bathroom. By the time he was out, Yaku had already laid a set of clothes on his bed. It was just the usual, black dress pants, black shoes, black socks, black dress shirt, and a red vest. The final touch was a golden circlet, signifying his status as royalty. After he was finished getting ready, Kenma left his room to find Shoyo.

A/N it's finally out. Sorry this chapter is short and a bit rushed, but things get better from here on out.