57

The landscape passes by in a blur as the train takes us through it at high speed, and my eyes are glued to the window as the scenery outside changes from the urban browns and greys of the city of Seoul to the lush greens that reside in the farstretched nature between the two cities. Even though the image is blurred by the velocity of the train, it's not hard to see the beauty it holds.

My excitement only partially hides the nervousness that lies imprinted in my mind; we're not just going to visit Minho's hometown, meeting his parents is on the agenda, too.

I clearly remember him saying that his parents are very accepting when it comes to his sexuality, so that's one worry less. However, there's still a chance that they'll dislike me, or something else that makes this all go wrong. I'm the total opposite of my boyfriend in a lot of ways, what if they think I'm not good enough for their son?

Despite the smile plastered on my face as I look at the scenery passing by, the boy next to me still catches on to other nervous habits, and he reaches out to take my hand.

"Sung, baby, relax," he says softly, giving me a reassuring smile. "My parents will absolutely adore you."

With mild aversion, I tear my gaze away from the landscape, facing Minho instead.

"Are you sure?"

"Totally positive," he nods, lightly squishing my cheeks with his hands. "It's scientifically impossible not to adore Han Jisung."

"O-Oh," I lamely reply, the blush that inevitably creeps up my cheeks hidden by my boyfriend's hands.

Slowly but surely, the nature surrounding the railway merges to an urban scenery again, the vivid green making way for much more dull and boring colors again. But the fact that I have never been to Gimpo before makes up for it, and my eyes are still solely trained on what goes on outside of our train compartment.

"Attention, passengers. We are now arriving at the final stop of this train, Gimpo Central Station. I repeat, Gimpo Central Station. Do not forget to check out in case of using a public transport card."

The robotic female voice echoes through the train compartments, announcing our arrival at our destination.

"Please remember to mind the gap upon exiting the train,"  the voice-over is quick to add.

Surely, my nervousness decides to skyrocket now that we have arrived in Gimpo and there no longer is any nature passing by to focus on.

Minho is quick to catch on –once again, and he soothingly places a hand on my back, using his free hand to awkwardly take both our luggage as we get up from our seat, ready to leave the train. I just smile at him gratefully before taking my bags from him. I might be beyond nervous, but there is no way I'm going to let him do all the carrying.

And then we are outside, and the sunny streets of Gimpo greet us cheerfully. A new smile plays on Minho's lips, one that I haven't seen before. It's the kind of smile you wear upon returning home after a long time, and just like all his other smiles, it holds the power to melt my heart like ice cream.

"My house is a seven-minute walk away from the train station, are you okay with walking?" the boy asks, a newfound lightness in his tone. He gestures to the bags I'm holding.

"They're not that heavy, I'm fine," I reply, lifting my bags to emphasize my words.

Minho nods, and then we take off.

——

Almost exactly seven minutes later, we walk up the front porch of a fairly small but cozy-looking house, and even with Minho firmly holding my hand, the nerves hit me like a bus.