50

Rumors spread fast.

Lunch break has just started, and the number of eyes solely focused on Minho and me as we walk through the hallways is insane. It surprises me, since we did absolutely nothing to indicate any new type op relationship between us to others. No holding hands, no overly-gay stares full of love, no flirting, no affection at all, and most importantly, we haven't told anyone yet. Still, they somehow caught on.

It's an absolute mystery to me, but I'm too estatic to care. I really am officially dating the perfect guy of my dreams, how can I not be beyond happy? I feel like I'm floating, with my heart doing cartwheels in my chest every time Minho offers me one of his special soft smiles.

I want nothing but to cling onto Minho like the happy squirrel I apparently am –his words, not mine– and shower him with generous love and affection continuously.

I really am whipped, huh?

We haven't really discussed anything yet,  since we fell asleep immediately yesterday and had to hurry this morning, seeing how we both didn't want to let go of each other to get up. Really soft, really cute, but now I have no idea what Minho's view on everything is, and how open or secretive he wants to be about our relationship.

Frankly, the fact that a lot of girls keep staring at him makes me want to do something, but I guess I'll just have to suck it up and endure it. For now.

"Did you hear that Lee Minho is hooking up with a freshman boy?" a girl whispers to a friend as we walk by, and I press my lips in a thin line.

This is going to be hard.

"Did he grow bored of us?" another girl pipes up, and I catch her looking at my boyfriend with sad eyes.

"Probably," the first girl sighs.

"What even does he see in that guy?" the third girl questions, and uneasiness washes over me as she eyes me from head to toe.

Minho comes to a halt abruptly, the corners of his mouth twitching with what seems like utter annoyance. Multiple students stop in their tracks to eye the unfolding curiously, and the silence that fills the hallway is almost unnatural.

Ultimatedly, Minho narrows his eyes at the group of girls, his jaw clenched slightly. They collectively hold their breaths and honestly, so do I, my heart beating frantically in my chest.

"Who said that I'm just hooking up? Have you ever heard of settling down?"

His hand grabs mine, the rigid energy of the action confirming my suspicions. Minho is, indeed, irritated, clicking his tongue in disapproval upon seeing the shocked faces everywhere.

"Next time you decide to whisper about matters that are none of your business, make sure that you really are whispering instead of being obnoxiously obvious about it."

He lightly tugs on my arm, pulling me away from the scene without awaiting their reactions. His pace is sharp and agitated, and I have a hard time keeping up with him. Still, I can't help the faint blush that dusts my cheeks.

My man popped off big-time.

Eventually, Minho relaxes a little. The tension slowly leaves his expression and he lowers his pace a little when he heaves out a sigh.

"I can't wait until everyone knows that we're dating," he mutters, talking more to himself than to anyone else. "I'm sorry, Sung, that they keep bothering me."

"You wanna be open about it?" I ask, failing to hide the surprise from my tone.

I honestly don't know what I expected, but this wasn't any of them, especially not when you consider Minho's past with his twin brother and all.