41

After my conversation with Changbin, I was kind of back at square one. Minho clouded my mind constantly, and even though it didn't affect me as much as before, it still bothered me. But oh well, I'll get over it again. At least I don't burst into tears at every single mention of his name anymore, and the feeling of missing him slowly subdues as well. Just give me another couple of days and you'll find me asking, Minho who? I only know a happy Jisung.

On a brighter note, Changbin officially asked Felix out on a date, and the boy was so caught off guard that he forced his roommate to accompany him while crashing at our dorm for a night. Seungmin and I had no clue what was going on at first, but in the end, Felix just wanted to rant about Changbin all night long.

Come to think of it, it's funny how it all started with Felix almost insulting the older in his moment of intense gay panic during their first meeting.

Now it's Wednesday, two days after Changbin's apology. Like I said, Minho has been on my mind continuously, which is why I decided to skip a day. Just go get my mind straight, knowing I wouldn't be able to focus anyway. Plus, running into Minho in the hallways right now wouldn't really help, either. It's better if I stay away from the main building today.

Instead, I find myself on a bench in the far back of the campus, bathing in the sunlight. It's pleasant, and it's almost as if the sunrays that tickle my skin melt away the negativity that lingers in my mind. Skipping class is bad, they say, but sometimes it's necessary and it really helps. Here's the proof. I can already tell that I'll return to the dorm tonight feeling much better than when I left this morning.

Sit in the sunshine and close your eyes.

I smile softly, making myself as comfortable as I can on the wooden bench. For a moment, I close my eyes, just like the song I have stuck in my head mentions. But I soon open them again, staring at the puffy white clouds that drift through the vast blue sky.

For a few minutes, I relish the small moment of peace. There are hardly any students out on the campus, let alone in this part. It's just me, the sunshine, the soft summer breeze and the birds that cheerfully sing their songs. But like I said so often before, things only last so long until they are interrupted rudely by one thing or another. Today is no exception.

From the corner of my eye, I find a familiar figure approaching me, and I mentally groan. Oh please, not again. There's a part of me that wants to get up and walk away, but I soon realize I don't have it in me to be that rude. The only option there's left is to endure it, so I keep my eyes on the sky, pretending not to see Chan until the very last moment, when he takes a seat next to me.

"Hey," he carefully greets me.

"Hello, hyung," I greet back, trying not to sound too exasperated.

"You don't have to call me that. I didn't do much to earn your respect, huh?" the newcomer snorts humorlessly, resting his elbows on his knees. "But I'm here to make things right again."

Suddenly, all the annoyance I felt towards the other's presence is gone. Now those words really picked my interest. Make things right again, huh? I wonder what he has in mind. If you'd ask me, there isn't exactly much left to fix.

"Let me guess, you are here to talk about Minho, too?" I dryly ask, my tone not hiding how much of a pain it is becoming to be reminded of that guy, again and again, every single day.

"Yeah, I'm sorry, I know you probably don't want to talk about him but please hear me out," the blond-haired guy next to me pleads, and I'm taken aback by the despair in his tone. "Please talk to Minho, he's not doing good at all."