29

"Ji, stop sulking!"

For the umpteenth time that day, Felix lightly hits my shoulder, snapping me out of my thoughts. I heave out a heavy sigh as I give him a sour look, much to the boy's dissatisfaction. Two warm hands land on my shoulders and he shakes me back and forth, not even giving me the chance to shrug him off.

"Cheer up, baby, cheer up, baby," he sings, and Seungmin snorts with laughter as I whine softly.

"Stop acting like I'm depressed or something, I'm fine."

I glare at them accusingly and my two best friends exchange a knowing look, one that I don't like at all. I choose to ignore it and with a huff, I throw another sock into my suitcase.

It's Thursday, late in the afternoon. We've been in my room for hours already, in which I'm slowly but surely packing my stuff while my friends are just there for emotional support, or so they claimed when they barged into my room this morning.

This Sunday, we are moving into the college's dormitory and I decided to pack my stuff early. Partly because I'm really bored these days, partly because I'm too excited to sit still and do nothing. Packing my stuff helps me to realize that it's finally happening and that the wait is almost over. But the excitement is a little dimmed these days, for very well-known reasons.

"Why are we even moving into the dorms anyway? It's literally thirty minutes away from here," Seungmin remarks, watching how I messily fold some sweaters before stuffing them in the open suitcase on my bed as well.

"Because we want the full experience, right, Ji?" Felix replies, nudging my arm a little too enthusiastically. A little startled, I drop the jeans I was folding and I mindlessly stare at the heap of clothes on the floor.

"Yeah," I half-heartedly reply, reaching out to grab what I just dropped.

"C'mon, mate," the orange-haired boy sighs, looking at me accusingly. "Stop being so down, I'm almost starting to feel sad from just looking at you. It's not even that big of a deal, he's just gone for a tiny little week."

"Don't tell me you wouldn't miss Bin if he was gone for a week," I counter, zipping up the compartment of my suitcase that's now stuffed with hoodies, jeans, t-shirts, and other clothing items.

Felix simply shrugs, looking unfazed. "Dunno, I talk to him every day, I don't have to miss him."

"Way to rub it in." Sighing, I throw a lone sock at the boy. He swiftly dodges it before he throws it in the other compartment of my suitcase, which is basically the only helpful thing he has done so far today.

"I'm glad I don't know what you're talking about, meeting someone online sounds like too much drama if you'd ask me," Seungmin admits, looking at our bickering with a hint of amusement in his eyes.

"Just wait until you run into an irresistible hottie or something like that," Felix confidently states, smiling as if he's certain about that actually happening at some point.

"You keep saying that, but I already told you that's not going to happen," Seungmin replies, giving the orange-haired boy an exasperated look. "Even if I meet someone, I'm not going to fall for that trap because it's way too much of a hassle, if you'd ask me."

"We'll see," I mutter, taking a neutral stance in this. I've never heard Seungmin talking about any love interests in general. He has always been the person to prioritize his studies, even though that image didn't really match with his reputation of being quite loud when he was with us.

Knowing Seungmin, he will stray true to his words. If he so confidently states that it isn't happening, then I believe him. Dating in the first few months of college doesn't seem like a good idea, anyway. Instantly, Lino's face flashes through my mind but I push it aside with great effort. I have yet to ask him for clarity. Kissing definitely means something, I just need to know where we stand right now.