when we come running

"This conclude our presentation on the particle accelerator, we really hope we have been able to persuade you and your company into investing into this revolutionary project" said a sharply dressed young man in a suit, who had just turned off a slide, which said something about a funding price of about 2.5 million ussd .

"That was an amazing presentation Mr Akash, but as you know I cannot make any decisions without first conferring with my board of directors, if all goes well I would let you know, but if left for me I would invest right now" said Mr Brown while he arranged the files on his office table.

"Thank you sir I shall be taking my leave now"

"Namaste Mr Akash" said Mr Brown as his lips parted into a fatherly smile.

"Namaste sir", replied the young engineer, before the banging sound of the door filled the office office which in turn left the office in silence.

"Can we go now or do you have another business meeting" said Ray as he removed his headphones from his ear, and again made himself even more comfortable in the black leather chair he sat on, staining the tables with dirt he had tracked in from outside by placing his legs on the table.

"Wait for me outside, i need to talk with your brother alone"

Ashely knew what was going on, she had no complaint, as she stepped out quietly, wishing her brother would go easy on their dad.

"Ray, what would it take for you to forgive me" Mr Brown said as he perched himself beside Ray, the weight in his heart heavy, tear drops forming in his eyes and eyebrows cast in a sad frown, he couldn't bare it anymore, Ray was a constant reminder..... A reminder that he had failed.

"You really want to know what you can do," said Ray as he stood up to tower over his father , with nothing but stone cold intent in his eyes and a heart that increased its hate, with every moment he spent with him, " it simple really, join her!" he said as he walked out the door and slammed it with just about the right force to make his father wince.

The dam that held back the tears from his face had finally broken, as he collapsed on the chair watching as the hot steamy of tear fell down his face, with nothing to comfort him, not even the luxury that his board room offered could comfort him, as his demons all sat on the black leather chair and greeted him like old friends.

" He never knew she was hurt by it, he never even knew she knew about it, he taught he could escape unscarred, but it was quite the opposite.
"It was all fun and games to him, he loved the thrill of having a girlfriend again, a pleasure he wasn't allowed to have ever since he got married, he loved having to sneak about, loved the youthful feeling she gave him.

But no feeling could compare what he felt on that day.
It was a normal day, he had just come home from work, with all his muscles hurting from the work on the site, he felt so drained he couldn't muster up any energy to see his mistress, so he decided to take a bath.
Upon getting to the bathroom something felt off he couldn't tell if it was how warm the door handle was or if he was just hallucinating from the stress.
A sharp pain ensued his shoulder from having to push the door with it, he didn't remember the door being so stiff, upon getting into the bathroom he was greeted by a warm liquid sensation on the ground as a pink liquid had filled the floor, his heart raced as he rushed towards the shower curtain, nothing could have prepared him for the sight he saw as he pulled back the shower curtain, for lying in the bath tub was his wife looking perfectly at peace only problem was she was bleeding from her wrist and she had written on the wall with blood "hope she makes you happy".

" He still remembered the lump in his throat, the incredible speed at which his heart beat, the way the doctors looked at him as they gave him the sad news that his forever woman is no more.
And now here he was 6 years later still paying the price, as the ghosts of his wife still haunts him in form of his son."