An average life

The holidays were over, which   meant  that school was to start today. A fact the heavens weren'tt happy with as the clouds wept  and decided to block the radiant hope of the sun.

And much like the heavens, laid a teenage boy, who felt  he was ready to forsake everything, to ensure he didn't go to the hell, Elmwood have named Community college.

As he laid in his bed, staring out the window at how much fun the lightening was having in the sky, he was whisked back to his high school days, how he had been a nerd for most of the years, how he met Ben the boy who introduced him to contact lens and thought him the art of being cool, he remembered the radiant smile of his puppy love Lisa, remembered how they split because he kissed kyra.

He  couldn't decide if he had a ball in high school or he been tortured, but all he could say for sure was he made the best out of his last year in school, and was gonna try to do the same in college.

The gentle pitter patter of the rain against the window seemed to have become rhythmic, as he began to remember the final school dance and how he was awarded the best in the school, even now as he laid in his bed he still felt the same  bubbles in his stomach as he had felt before, as he sighed and casted his gaze towards a red poster of The Flash, that he had hung since his junior years, and for some unknown reason decided it was time to take it down, maybe he felt he had  surpassed the age of such childish things.

"John it's 6:30, you better be on your way to the shower, you can't be late for your first day in college" said a voice from  the door, and he instantly knew who it was.
There was no mistaking that soft  voice,  it was the voice of the woman who had guided him through all his years, someone he owed everything to, it was the voice of his mom.

"I'm on my way mom, you don't have to remind me anymore, I'm not a kid", he said as he opened his room door, to become face to face with a  average height, blonde hair, middle aged woman.

"I know you,re not a kid anymore John," she said as she pinched his cheeks softly, but as long as I'm alive your still my kid she said as she walked down the hall with a basket of laundry, leaving John to smile and wonder how he was so lucky to have such an angel as a mom.

"She was up since 5  you know" came a voice from the opposite room.

John didn't have to look up to know who the person was, he knew who it was, it was someone who he couldn't stand and yet couldn't live without, it was his younger sister fortune.

"Don't you greet on your planet" said John as he walked towards her room.

"Well we do" she said " but they actually have to be important people" she said as she shut the door, leaving him with a sign on the door that said KEEP OUT, AM ALLERGIC TO PEOPLE, before shouting a  greeting from the otherside of the room.

With a smile John walked back into his room to grab a towel and walk towards the bathroom.

              ~                         

"Get up Ben you can't be late"

Ben knew that voice all too well, it was his uncle voice, which could only mean one thing, he had school today.

"Coming sir" he shouted as he stood up from his bed, something about his bass voice felt off, so he decided to make some scoffing sounds in hopes that it would get better.

He went towards his mirror which was conveniently beside a poster of his favorite anime hero, Allmight.

"I got to hit the gym some more if I wanna look like you"  he said as he stared into the mirror, which in turn showed him, an image of his  good looking physique, he flexed them a bit, but ultimately got bored of it, as he went into the shower to have a bath.