Chapter 25

After the heart to heart moment with my mom I decided to go my homework because nothing could go wrong with that. I didn't really have much to do and it didn't take me that long to finish. During the time I was doing my work my stomach was grumbling so I headed downstairs to get some food.

When I looked through the cabinets the only thing that I could make is a sandwich. I took all the ingredients out and there was enough for more than one person. I went back upstairs to look for my mom or River to see if they wanted anything to eat.

I first went to my mother's door first when I knocked she opened the door a few seconds after. "Hey, mom I was wondering if you wanted a sandwich? Also are you feeling alright?" I asked,

"No sweetie I already had something to eat earlier. Thank you for coming up here to check up on me"she answered. Before I left my mom gave me a quick kiss on my forehead and I gave her smile.

"No problem mom" then I left and headed towards River's room. When I got there I saw the door was slightly opened and it looked like he was talking on the phone. I didn't feel like eavesdropping on his conversation so I knocked quietly. When he saw me he whispered that I come inside and I did.

"Yeah I will be there for the doctor's appointment and for the last time it's not my fault" he looked irritated. "Next time would you please allow me to talk the doctor I'm tired of you shutdown the conversation."

I heard yelling on the other end. "Whatever I'll talk to you later." He hung up the phone.

"Hey are you good?" I asked.

"Yeah I'm okay it's just that Mia has been very needy lately."

"Oh well that what happens when someone is pregnant. So how was the doctors appointment." I heard him sigh.

"It was good you know I heard the heartbeat but every time I tried to ask the doctor questions Mia would always find some way to shutdown the conversation."

"Maybe next time try talking to the doctor when she's not there." Why wouldn't she want River to ask questions? That's kind of weird maybe she's hiding something.

"Yeah thanks so what's up with you?" He asked.

"Nothing much I just came up here to ask if you wanted a sandwich."

"Sure I'll be down there in a minute." He gave me a smile and I went left the room to make our sandwiches.

I finished making the sandwiches and got some water out the fridge to drink. River came down and sat down on one of the island stools. I sat beside him and put my water down on the table.

"I didn't see you at school today" I started the conversation.

"I was there you know but you were probably busy because of what happened in the cafeteria" then he bit into his sandwich.

"Oh you saw that" I blushed.

"Yeah I mean the whole school was there and I don't think anyone missed it. But I want you to be careful because you know Andre is not really boyfriend material" his tone was serious.

"He seems like a nice guy so they should be no problem" a low deep chuckle. What's so funny?

"Scarlett as your best friend here I'm just trying to tell you the truth before something happens. I told Andre to stay away from you before but he doesn't fucking listen and since you like him there's noting I can do but to warn you."

"What do you mean by the truth and why the hell would you tell him to stay away from me?"

"He's a fucking player Scarlett and he sleeps around with everyone. I don't want that for you. You need someone who is going to treat you well not like a piece of shit."