Chapter 23

After hearing the news that River told me the news I decided not to bring it up anymore. I am pretty shocked that he is going to be a father, but I'm going to have his back no matter what.

We were sitting on the couch and he was watching Pretty Little Liars with me. "I don't understand this show who the fuck is A?"

"They think that A is Alison but she's dead so it can't be her."

"If she's dead then who the fuck is A?"

"There is more than one A in this show but I'm not going to spoil it for you. How about I go back the first episode so you could watch."

"Ok that would probably help me out."

During the rest of the day we just watched the show and he was finally understanding it. We had snacks but it didn't even fill us up so we decided to make dinner since my mom was gone.

"Alright River what are we going to make we have stuff for pasta." I said looking through tall the cabinets.

"Sure pasta sounds good but who is we it's me doing the cooking."

I crossed my arms across my chest. "No I'm going to help you it can't be that hard."

He starts laughing at me. "Remember last time you said that you almost burned my house down." He continues on laughing at me.

"That was an accident and that only happened on tine" I defended myself. I may have my failures with cooking but I think I should try more and then I could be better.

"Red the only thing you can do is boil water and you know how many times you attempted to cook it turns out terrible." He's right every time I try something ends up burned or overcooked.

"I can do it."

"No you can't I'll do all the cooking all you have to do is boil the water."

I pout. "I feel like I'm not even helping you always cook for me. I just really want to try you know."

He comes over to me and gives me a hug. I smile and he rubs my back lightly. " You are helping me and I always cook for you because I don't want you to burn the house down. You could watch me and maybe I'll give you lessons".  I give out a small chuckle.

I head is resting on his chest and he lifts my face up to look at him. "I don't want you to look all sad okay little Red."

"I'm not sad." I lied.

"Your lying I know you know what I know what will cheer you up."

"What?" I asked.

He stopped hugging me and started tickling my stomach man I should of known he was going to do that. I tried to run away but he pulled me back and continued to tickle me.

I laughed. "Ok Riv-" and I couldn't stop laughing. "Are you done being sad yet" he asked cutting me off.

"Yes I am go ahead and cook the food I will just boil the water. Man I should of known you were going to do that."

"This happens every time Red I always get you when you least expect it."

After he finished cooking we ate and then headed up to bed.

~~~

The sound of my alarm goes off and I tried to turn find my phone because the stupid thing keeps ringing. I finally found it and turned my alarm off and let out a groan.

Today is Monday and I really don't want to go to school but if I don't my mom will murder me. It took me a few minutes to get off my bed because I was feeling extra lazy today.

I went into the bathroom and took a shower, brushed my teeth, and fixed my hair. After I was done I headed back into my room to get dressed for school. I wore a white cropped hoodie with ripped blacks jeans.

I headed downstairs and River was waiting for me by the front door.

"Hey you ready to head out?" he asked.

I nodded and went outside and I heard the his car keys.

"Your taking your car today?" I asked.

"Yeah I don't feel like walking today and we'll get there faster."

"Ok" I said. We hopped into the car and he drove off to school or what I like to call it prison.

After he parked we said our goodbyes and I thanked him for driving me. I really need a car of my own but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

I headed to my locker and I saw Andre leaning against it. Was he waiting for me or something.

"Hey" I smiled.

"Hey Scarlett I was wondering if you were free today after school."

"Yeah I where are you planning on taking us" I asked. He stepped back to the other locker next to mine so I could get my books.

"I was wondering if we could just hangout at my place."

"Yeah I'm down."

"Cool I'll see you after school then just wait by my car."

"Alright I have to get to class but see you later."

He said goodbye and I left for class. I had History and I wasn't really paying attention. I can't wait until school is finished.

~~~

Hey lovely readers! I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I know nothing really happened but wait until the next one. Thank you for everything!

My Instagram : _lovelycourtney_
Instagram: lovelyisofficial

If you want to show more support you can.....

Follow
Share
Vote
Comment

Word Count: 947