Chapter 1

I hate the first day of school with a passion. I have wake up from my precious slumber. Get ready and then walk to hell.

Currently I am waiting at the sitting on my porch waiting for River. We walk to school together everyday. He is the best next door neighbor ever.

He always checks up on me. At school if I'm in a sticky situation he helps me out of it. I am so lucky to have a great friend like him.

The weirdest part is that he waits for me after school too. Instead of talking to all the girls that practically flirt with him all day. He walks me back home.

"Hey Little Red" River acknowledged. I beamed with joy when I saw his face. He gave me that nickname since we where young.

My name is Scarlett. River remembered that my name means red and that it's my favorite color.

"Hey River" I replied.

"Are you ready for our walk?" He asked.

"Yeah, always" I smiled.

We headed down the end of our street. Silence took over us. When we are walking together a topic is brought up and instantly a conversation is made.

"Your awfully quiet today" he broke the silence.

"What do you mean?" I questioned him.

"Well your always talking about your thoughts or telling me what's happening" he spoke.

"Well walking to this shit hold has ruined my mood" I hissed. I cringed at the thought of 'introductions'.

He chuckled. "It's alright Red we always get classes together" he assured. "So I can always make funny faces at you" he added.

I laughed at the image. "No the last time you got me in trouble" I admitted.
"I laughed so hard I almost peed my pants" I added.

"But I had to stop because your face was turning a different color" he pointed out.

It moments like this one that attracts me to River more. I've always had a crush on him but I don't think he ever notices.

Sometimes times I would blush at the little compliments he throws at me. But I hide my dark red cheeks because I know he doesn't feel the same way.

"Well we made it" I spoke. A part of me wants to turn back and go home.

"Have a nice day" he told me. He was opened his arms and I step forward. I accepted the hug.

River smelled like vanilla He smiled at me and I smiled back. Then we bid our goodbyes and went our separate ways.

-------------------------------------------------

I opened my locker and took out my
book for Spanish. I closed my locker and smiled when I saw Evie next to me.

"Why are you happy it's Monday" she asked. Well when you are hugged by your long time crush it has a affect on you.

"Someone important happened" I said while having a wide grin. She knew exactly what I was talking about.

"Okay I see you girl continue making moves on him" she encouraged.

I laughed like River would ever like me. That shit only happens in fantasy and this is the world.

But I'm going to keep on dreaming.

************************************

Hola fellow readers!  I decided to start off new and fresh. I hope you enjoyed the first chapter.

Also I do not own the cover picture I just got it off of Pinterest. Any photos I add in the story will be from Pinterest or google.

In order to support me vote, comment, and follow me. Instagram: _lovelycourtney_

Love,
C