(2) The Moonlight's Kiss

Elnora

The man I am with helped me get up and brought me somewhere. I am too drunk to know where we would head to. The alcohol that was given to me by the bartender was so strong. Did he offer it because he saw that I'm lonely? This is the first time that I get drunk by just drinking a small amount of red champagne. Though, I don't usually drink. I just thought that a simple drink would do me a favor to forget what happened today, but it seems like I was given another torment. This wrongdoing is a result of reading too many fictional books.

"W-where are we going?" I asked in a slurred voice. I clung onto his neck tighter as I feel my legs wobbled. This is disastrous.

I know we are not going out of the bar, because I can still perfectly hear the loud beat of the music. He didn't answer me and I didn't bother to asked him again since my head is spinning like crazy and if I open my mouth again, it will be puke and not words that will come out. I would never ever let myself be in this situation again. Ever.

Minutes had passed and I feel myself getting laid to a soft plush surface. I grimace as I push him away from me. When the softness relaxes me, I leaned more to feel it against my skin. I would love to be home right now with my bed.

I heard him laughed. I can't see his expression, though. My eyes were shut closed because of the liquor invading my whole senses and body.

"We're still here at Cicatrix." The man reassured me. I felt him sit beside me and I immediately scoot away from him even though I am having a hard time controlling my body. "Don't worry, you're safe with me."

Tears were still strolling down my cheeks as I keep on recollecting my past. Everything that happened to me in the past made me whoever I am right now. It molds me, it builds high walls that sometimes made me ask my myself if is it still normal to detach myself from everyone. It's exhausting, but I can't do anything.

Growing up being judged by the people you love. Growing up being backstabbed by the people you trust. Growing up doing your best yet it's still not enough for them to see your worth. I feel neglected. It's hard, but I've successfully gone through it all. There are times that I just want to vanish in this world just to be away from those people who have caused me pain, away from the circumstances that hurts me like hell. Until the realization permeated my soul, that those people are the reason why I am now brave and independent. My experiences from the past helped me to become the best version of myself or maybe not, I don't know. My life's a mess.

I let myself cry my heart's out till I become sober. Right in this moment, I vow to myself that I would never let anyone hurt me again if it isn't worth it for me to feel it so.

"Drink this, it'll help."

I open my eyes as I wiped away my tears. Why am I still with this stranger again?

My eyes darted to the glass he is holding. It looks like a harmless drink and so I accepted it. True to his words, it helps me to feel better, yet still dizzy.

I stared at the man beside me, trying my best to keep my eyes open. Sometimes, talking to a stranger meant no harm. There are times that the burden on your chest will be loosened a bit because of some heart to heart talk with someone you don't know. If there are disadvantages talking to a stranger, there are also advantages. Less judgement. New accomplice. And the fact that you will never see each other again unless you decided to have communication which of course, I decline to have.

"I have been one acquainted with the night. I have walked in rain— and back in rain. I have outwalked the furthest city light..."

I crinkled my nose and keep my composure. I can't help but to bite my bottom lip as I try to stop myself from smiling. A fan of poet, indeed.

I knew that line. One of the famous American poets— is Robert Frost. I was searching on Google for a poem to be associated with how I'm feeling and I have read about that line multiple times.

I'm glad I actually feel better now. I examined his features. I can say that he can be considered as one of the epitome of Greek gods— No. Nope. Not really. Those words were only used when describing someone in a movie or in a book.  But he's the most handsome man I ever met, I mean he has the American features that almost all American has, but he's different. I can feel that there's something about him, with his sweet tongue and flowery words that delves into one's soul, his looks can also drag every girls' attention towards him.

"So you're a fan of literature, I guess?" I asked so we could have some topic to talk to.

I'm a boring person and it is hard for me to keep the conversation going, but I don't want to be rude after he help me.

He gave me a lopsided grin, "It's not on my face, but yes, I am." He, then, chuckles. "But let's keep it a secret." He added.

He didn't bother to ask why the hell did I cried and it makes me feel comfortable to talk to him. Because even I, myself, doesn't want to talk about it. As I plan to forget all the bad memories and let it go.

"Robert Frost, an American poet also said and I quote, Earth's the right place for love. I don't know where it's likely to go better, end quote. Do you agree with him?" I beamed at him.

"Ah." His whole face lit up, he put his fingers into his chin. "I don't know. I have never been to Mars nor to other planets, though." He joked.

I wander my eyes around the place, "I want to go to the outer space..." I trailed off.

"So you can fly?" He said with a glint of humor.

I went poker-faced and he laughed. The vibrance of his laugh did something in my heart. It feels nice to have a conversation with someone whom I will never see again. That thought comforts and saddened me at the same time.

"No." I shook my head, "So I could be away from this world that have hurt me so much."

He never speak, but his eyes encourages me to continue. Like he's saying that it's okay and that I can trust him.

Like it was easy to trust someone. I scoffed but continued. This will be the last time that I will vent to someone. After this, I'm done. I'm sure that I will regret everything that has happened tonight, specifically the words that leave my mouth.

"I want to touch the stars as it sparkle in happiness. I wanna see the moon up close as it gives brightness. I want to breathe the air within the galaxies." I muttered, finishing what I want to say.

I looked at the man in front of me, waiting for him to laugh, but it didn't come. I thought he would laugh and find it ridiculous because my dream is something that can relate to a child's, or it is too unbelievable and unreachable but he didn't.

Instead, he gave me a genuine smile and it shock me. "You will be able to go and see it yourself so."

My face contorted with confusion, "How?"

He stands up and presented a hand at me, "Let's go."

Baffled by his words. I stand up and held his hand as we both made our way outside the place.

As soon as we went outside, the moonlight kissed our body. I look up and saw a very magnificent outlook of the sky. The moon that shines so bright, and the stars around it were one of the best view I'd ever seen in my entire life. It's always been like this, I'm always captivated by the sky ever since I was a child. And sometimes it fears me, because what if I lost that feeling too?

"You can still be able to see the moon from here, look at that. You can still see the stars twinkling in different shades. You can breathe the air as if you're in the galaxy because that's it where supposed to be." The guy with those blue eyes said with conviction.

I raised my hand as if I am touching the sky, his words really amazes. "But... it's different." I whispered, my eyes were locked on the outlook above.

"Hmm. Yet sometimes, those are the most precious thing that needs to be seen. Not all will be given a chance to catch a glimpse. And it's very beautiful... isn't it?"