(5) Imagery of Love

Elnora

After the tour, we head our way towards the exit, talking about random things that we had been through in the past. It feels surreal, although we don't dig deeper than sharing our embarrassing stories. I can say that he's a good person. I also learned a lot about the masterpiece inside, that was a marvelous experience. Nevertheless, I know that I shouldn't entertain such feelings at this moment because maybe I'm just overwhelmed by the thought of being with someone who clearly understands me. And it scares me a lot.

The thing I hate about myself is that I easily assume and conclude things, which can always lead me to overthink. Right now, I just want to enjoy life even though that's not what I'm feeling at the moment. I want to discover more about myself, and do the things I love although life's been throwing stones to block me along the way from moving continuously.

"So, I think this would be the last time we'll see each other," I mumbled as the cold breeze envelops our bodies as we go outside.

The luminous moon entrances me, holding me captive by the sight. It gleams brightly as if sustaining light for the darkness to not fully covered the place. I wonder if that's how my soul feels when I'm locked by the darkness and praying is the only light I've been holding to. That thought lingers on my mind more than it should.

Nature really has its way of connecting to us and that's very scary, knowing the fact that we have so much to learn from it.

"Do you have Snapchat? Or any other social media that we can communicate through?"

Glancing at him, I saw a glimpse of a smile on his face which also eventually made me smile. The color of his eye gleams brightly because of the moon's touch. I know that I shouldn't give him anything that will lead for us to have communication, but even though I won't admit it, I quite like his presence. Sure it's awkward but still calming.

"Oum. Instagram. I'm more active on it since I'm promoting my story." I nonchalantly said as I turn my body to face him.

Carter raises his brow, "You write stories?"

Nodding my head I replied, "Yep. Just random thoughts actually."

"I don't think so. People write from their hearts, most people." He commented wistfully.

Unknowingly, my lips form into a smile because of his remark. He is always been witty and wistful. Having someone who understands and calms the hell out of me is very rare. I'm glad I found someone like that while I'm on a brink of losing myself.

That last thought bothers me. Someone came while I'm on a brink of losing myself means if I lose him, I will fully be shattered into pieces.

He fished out his phone from his pocket, opened it, and enter his password before he touches something and gave it to me. I saw that the screen is on Instagram, I hesitated for a moment before I typed my username so that he could follow me.

"There." I said when I followed my account, "I'll follow you later, I need to call my sister to pick me up."

"I'll ride you home "

"No. Thank you, but it's super late. I'm exhausted and I know you are as well. My sister, Ryia, will be awake by this hour so I'll just call her."

My friend here in the US, whom I considered as a sister is probably getting ready for work, so it only made sense that I'll call her to pick me up. Also, Cater will be more tired if he'll drives back and forth.

"Then I'll wait for your sister to arrive then."

I nodded my head as I sent a text to my sister. Not long enough, a red car stops in front of us. The window goes down, revealing my sister's questioning gaze.