Chapter 56

Students were brushing past each other in sheer panic ---some of them having a million emotions rushing inside of them at the same time, the adrenaline --- determined to protect Hogwarts, to protect the place they considered as their second home, ...

Students were brushing past each other in sheer panic ---some of them having a million emotions rushing inside of them at the same time, the adrenaline --- determined to protect Hogwarts, to protect the place they considered as their second home, the place where they spent the most in their teenage years, the years where it's considered as the highlight of their lives.

Camilla got a little lost, breathing heavily, in a sort of trance. The fear was starting to devour her, everyone's lives were at stake. They don't know what lies ahead of them. No one knows who will be the last ones standing and whose souls will fall in the battlefield.

As loud chatters were echoing in the halls of Hogwarts, Cedric saw Camilla in one of her most vulnerable states. In Cedric's eyes, she is the woman who does not let weakness be portrayed, to let her be intimidating, that one should know no one should mess with her but it was at this time, that strong girl that Cedric once knew was lost and afraid.

"Hey, look at me." Cedric says, wrapping an arm around her waist while his other hand cupped her cheek, "It's okay to be scared."

"I'm not scared." Camilla says through gritted teeth.

"It's okay to feel a little scared sometimes, Camilla. It is okay to admit that you are scared because there is a lot of scary stuff going on around us right now. Denying and burying your emotions won't help you. Use that fear as your strength to defeat them. You're strong, Camilla. I know what you are capable of and those death eaters won't stand a chance against you. Believe in yourself, alright?"

"What if you die? What if I die?"

At that moment, they gazed into each other's eyes, intensity circling in their orbs. Camilla felt comforted and was now out of her solemn thoughts. They were each other's strengths. They needed each other, they can't lose each other, for Cedric is Camilla's crying shoulder, the one who keeps her going in life despite her family gone. Cedric made her realize that along her Hogwarts journey, she made a new family, a new family worth fighting for. She was going to fight for her parents, for Daniella.

"If you die, I die with you."

In that moment, Cedric pulled Camilla into a tight hug before pulling away and looked into each other's eyes, seeing her beautiful face with her long, brown hair falling behind her in waves, her ocean blue eyes that seemed to sparkle under the night sky, like the time when Cedric got to see it for the first time during their carriage ride on the way to Hogwarts. Cedric lowers his head, faces inches apart and pulled her into a passionate kiss, the butterflies in Camilla's stomach from the feeling of his lips, so gentle, so warm, the sparks in a frenzy.

The determination and will were shown in Camilla's eyes.

She is now prepared to fight.

As the two pulled away, Cedric gave her a small smile and caressed her hair, "you're gonna be okay." Cedric's fingers then traveled to her neck, tracing the cool silver chain on with the ring as its pendant --- smiling. The promise ring that Cedric gave to Camilla meant so much to him that it warmed his heart to see it hanging on her neck, another way of utilizing it.