Chapter 43

"What do you mean they lost their memory?"

The receptionist, Miss Puck, tried to calm Camilla but her anxiety is getting worse.

"Love, why don't you sit down?" Cedric said and pulled out a chair. She sat down and ran a hand through her hair, frustrated.

"Now, let me explain."

Entering the hospital, he knows where to go. He noticed that the receptionist was not at her post. Climbing up the stairs was a breather considering his age.

He heard angry yells down the hall, instinctively tracking it. As he located the room, he knocked then opened the door.

"Ah, I figured you might be here."

"Professor Lupin!" Camilla quickly stood up, surprised.

As he locked the door behind him, he quickly pulled out his wand, "silencio."

"It's not wise to be yelling at a time and place like this, Miss Camilla and Miss Grace." Remus said with a look before returning his wand into his coat and leaned on a nearby table, facing them.

"Well, Mr. Lupin, explaining to her is useless. She doesn't know how to listen." Miss Puck said, glaring at Camilla.

Cedric pulled her back as she was about lunge herself to the receptionist.

"You have no right to say that to me! You don't what i've been through! So I suggest you shut your mouth."

Grace Puck's mouth dropped, shocked.

Remus Lupin ran a hand through his face, "alright that's enough. Grace, please leave us alone so that I'll handle this. Remember, you are the same age as them so please, treat each other with some respect."

Grace sighed and left the room, angry.

As she was nowhere in sight, Camilla turned to Cedric and hugged him, crying.

Remus locked the door and grabbed a glass of water and gave it to Camilla. "Drink this, dear. You'll be dehydrated if you keep on crying."

She gratefully grabbed the glass and drank it. "Thank you for coming, professor." Said Cedric as he let Camilla sit down.

"Well, I really need to. Glad I came on time because someone could be seriously injured." He says jokingly, trying to lighten up the mood.

"It's the Longbottoms, isn't it?" She says, "they are the other couple who is suffering from memory loss due to the cruciatus curse."

Remus looked at Camilla funnily, "you did that on purpose, didn't you?"

Cedric looked at the two, confused.

The brunette smirked, "well, first of all, I don't like her. Second, I didn't like the way she was looking at Cedric. And third, I just don't really like her. I grabbed the opportunity of you being here so that I could not be in the same room as her."

"Huh. She was looking at me? I didn't notice." Cedric said and found Camilla already glaring at him, "and I shouldn't notice it because I already have the most beautiful girl that ever existed."

Camilla rolled her eyes playfully, "yeah nice save."

Remus coughed loudly, to remind them that he was still in the same room as them. "I'm also here to tell you something very important."

"Death eaters are hunting us down, especially you Camilla. With that power and knowledge of yours, they'll think that they'll be invincible. I suggest that you should move to another place."

Camilla and Cedric looked at each other, "but professor, we don't know where to go."

Cedric looked up and suggested. "We could stay at my apartment."

Remus nodded.

"And where exactly is that?"

"It's near where I train. Near Puddlemere United's stadium."

Remus nodded and stood up.

"Stay safe."

Remus said and was about to leave when Camilla ran towards him and hugged him, "thank you for everything professor."

The old man was stunned, then patted her back awkwardly before she pulled away.

"Sorry. You're so much like my grandfather."

"I'll take that as a compliment."

Camilla gave him a smile and noticed that Cedric was already at her side. The three left the room and they stopped in front of the Devonshire's hospital room.

"Will they be okay?" Camilla asked.

Remus turned to her and gave her an assuring look, "I'll take care of everything. Now please, leave as early as you can."

The couple noddedand headed outside of the hospital.

Cedric wrapped his arm around her waist, "hold on tight."

And just like that, they disappeared.

•••

Locking her trunk, she took one more look around her room, making sure she didn't leave something behind. As she was already assured, she grabbed her trunk and headed downstairs.

She grabs a piece of parchment and grabbed a quill, writing down a note to her only son, Cedric.

As she was finished she casted a spell to let the parchment float towards his room and placed it on the bedside table. She was about to leave when she heard the door opened.

"Where are you going, mum?"

His eyes landed on her trunk then back to her, "are you leaving?"

Mrs. Diggory slowly walked towards him and smiled gently, cupping his face with her hands.

"My son, you've been a good boy. Look at you now, you're a grown man who already has a good career and found the love his life. You don't need me anymore, that's why I'm leaving, to see and be with your father."

Cedric was about to protest when Mrs. Diggory shushed him. Cedric held his mother's hand, teary-eyed.

"I don't have much years ahead so I want to spend it with your father. I'm not saying that I don't love you, I do love you. Seeing you already happy and be able to support yourself made me feel accomplished. I feel like I've completed my role as a mother so I hope you understand. We will see you both soon."

Mrs. Diggory then looked at Camilla with a soft smile, which she returned.

"We'll return once your father's brother's fully healed. According to the letters from your father, It's gonna take a while. Take care, Ceddy. I love you."

Mrs. Diggory hugged her son, Cedric returning it and tears streamed down his face. "I love you too, mum. Please stay safe."

The two pulled away and Mrs. Diggory wiped his tears and chuckled, "never have I imagined a big man like you crying."

Camilla felt like she was about to cry too. This was a touching moment for the both of them.

"I should go. Goodbye Camilla, take care."

"Take care too, Mrs. Diggory."

The old woman grabbed her trunk and smiled at the two before heading outside the house and apparated.