6

"How far is your Mom's house?" I asked Jin, "Two more hours."

I looked at his phone which was attached to a phone holder.

It’s 11 pm already.

I looked at Jin who was obviously trying to hold his yawn back. I look outside and couldn't see any hotel around, just some buildings.

The truck stopped because of the vehicle in front of us, then I saw a vacant lot, "Hey, Jin. There's a vacant lot there, how about we stop and rest? We can sleep at the back or here." I said.

That's when he yawned which made me chuckle, he followed what I said and parked the truck on the vacant lot.

There's no sign that this is a private lot or what. But before we could mutter a word, we heard a loud thump.

Jin and I looked at each other, "I'll go check the back. Stay here." I didn't reply and watched him quietly go out as I followed him with my gaze.

I waited and several minutes had passed already, I got worried and went out quietly from the truck as well, slowly peaking my head to see the back part of the truck.

I covered my mouth with my hand when I saw a guy pointing a small knife at Jin. I hopped at the back quietly since the guy's back was facing me.

Jin glanced at me and I gestured him to be quiet. Walking towards the guy, I covered his eyes as Jin immediately took the knife from the guy and put it in his pocket.

"Who are you?" Jin asked.

The guy was silent so I pressed my hand harder on his eyes which made him groan, "Again, who are you?" Jin asked with a firm voice.

...

"Y-yoongi. I'm Yoongi."