chapter twenty-five!

i would really recommend listening to this song with this chapter !

'     '     '     '

"HOLY shit. Esther is- she's going to-" "No need to mention it, love. Just enjoy your breakfast that I so painstakingly labored over."

Grace pursed her lips at his attempted joke, but her appetite had now disappeared.

It was beyond her how Nik could act so carefree about his impending death that would take place tonight.

But in reality, Nik was worried. He just could not show that and make Grace panic even more.

After a few minutes passed, Grace finished what she could and excused herself in a curt manner.

She fumbled for her phone in her pocket as she walked outside and paced.

"Pick up, pick u-" "Hello?"

"Bonnie, we've got a problem. Esther is going to do the spell tonight. How long is this process going to take?"

Bonnie paused, then replied, "Come to the Salvatore house as soon as you can, and we'll get started."

The two bade their farewells and Grace hung up, feeling an unusual amount of anxiety.

"I'm so tired," she muttered.

'     '     '     '

MINUTES later, Grace met Bonnie at the Salvatore Boarding house, and could already sense multiple witches present.

Only, most of them were spirits that had been drawn here for this one reason.

Bonnie was there in the room, setting up what would be needed for this spell. Along with her was Abby Bennett, her mother.

Grace gave a small nod to each, feeling constricted and unwelcome by the spirits.

"I don't think they're happy I'm here," Grace said lightly, an uncomfortable smile on her face.

Bonnie felt sympathy for her, and much gratitude. That she would be willing to do this.

"Okay, we're ready for you. A-Are you sure you can handle it?"

Grace walked over and sat in the chair that was encircled by candles and runes. She tapped her fingers lightly, shifting in her seat.