chapter nine!

•.•.•.•.•

Mystic Falls, present day

"ALRIGHT, alright, hold on just one second. My whole damn head is spinning right now. A-Are you saying I became a-a Ripper or something?"

Klaus grimaced, hearing how she spat that word out like it left a bad taste in her mouth.

"I knew you long before you think we met, Grace. Do you remember the year 1743?"

Grace grimaced, straining her memory for a moment.

"Uh, vaguely. I was barely a hundred by then. Can you get to the point, though, before I have a mental breakdown?"

"Well, love, don't hate me. But, that was when we actually met."

Klaus was expecting another outburst, but Grace remained completely silent, not once blinking or looking away from Niklaus' eyes.

As he was about to continue, a loud ruckus was caused at the doors of the Grill. They both looked over, and a mere twenty feet away was a seemingly panicked Damon Salvatore.

In an instant, he rushed over to Grace, appearing to be fuming with anger.

"Get away from her," Damon growled to Klaus, stepping in front of the befuddled girl.

To this, Klaus simply smirked. The cockiest thing ever, yet so damn attractive. Grace shook that thought away, glancing around the room to see how many people were watching.

"You Salvatores are really beginning to be a pain in my arse. Grace has not been harmed, has she? We were having a normal conversation until you rampaged in here like a mad man."

Damon cut his eyes to Grace, who shook her head slowly.

"Can we just take this outside, please?"

Slowly, Grace stepped around Damon and took the pair each by the arm, refusing to let them go until they were away from people.

"What the hell, Damon?" Grace began, before her anger settled and she realized Damon's motive behind what he did.

Her face softened. "I mean- look, Damon. I'm fine, alright? Klaus won't hurt me, isn't that right?" she said with a daring look towards Klaus.

With a look between Damon and Grace, Niklaus merely replied, "We'll discuss once the Salvatore is gone-" "You won't do such a thing, Mr. Big Bad Wolf. I won't leave until I know she's safe. Away from you."

Grace panicked for a moment.

"Damon, don't-" "No, Grace, let him stay. I'm sure he'd love to hear about your complicated history, wouldn't he?"

The blood rushed fast through her body, rising up to anger. She would completely lose Damon's trust if he only knew... but then again, she never knew, either.