chapter nineteen!

•

•.•.•.•.•
Mystic Falls , present day

"LOVE, I hate to interrupt this, but we've got to get some things done," Nik said between kisses, before pulling away.

Grace raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean? You're getting me done."

Nik laughed, a true, genuine laugh. He was so hopelessly in love with this girl.

Grace was so hopelessly in love with this man.

She did not want this moment to end, but she knew there were more pressing matters they had to get to.

Grace groaned, leaning forward and laying her head on his chest.

"Fine. Let's go."

.    .    .    .

ALL of the coffins had been brought together in one room, and Grace immediately knew that might be a problem. She looked to Nik, hesitating to tell him. Grace was not even sure if he knew this particular weakness of hers.

"We might have a small problem," she began, crossing her arms.

Nik raised his eyebrows, waiting for her to continue.

"I can't have all of them in here at once. It weakens me," Grace explained.

Nik frowned in confusion.

"I'm not following. This has never seemed to bother you before. What about the Siphoners back in the eighties or whenever? There was never a problem then-" "I'm not sure, if I'm being honest. I- It's sort of a recent thing that I've just found out, because supernatural entities can overpower me if there's enough of them. You'd love to know that just two nights ago, your sister participated in that."

Nik crossed his arms, thinking. He had a small suspicion that the reason behind Grace's newfound weakness could have been his very own mother.

But for now, he would wait to test that theory.

"Right. Well, we'll just do away with them all except, of course, dear mother's."

Minutes later, the two had cleared the coffins out of the room, leaving the one and only Esther, who Grace sort of wished could just rot away.

"Alright, this is going to take some concentration, so no distractions."

"I should just leave the room altogether, then," Nik responded with a wink.