Chapter 40

Hinata's POV

I rushed into the hospital at my fastest speed possible. I don't think I even ran this fast in volleyball practice. I took a deep breath and was about to pull out my phone to contact Kageyama's mum to see which room he is in when,

"Hinata-kun! This way!" I heard a shout, I turned the shouts way to see Kageyama's mum waving frantically at me. I rush towards her. 

"Mrs Kageyama! Wheres Tobio! Where is he?! Is he okay?!" I asked. She shook her head with teary eyes and gestured to me to follow her. I nodded and we both ran towards room 910 (Kagehina number cause why not). I burst into the room to see Kageyama sleeping. 

"What happened to him?" I asked. 

"He has cancer, Lung cancer to be exact. He has a possibility that he will die." Kageyama's mum said. 

"WHAT?! No! He can't die! He's our setter! My only boyfriend! He can't leave me!" I shout. 

"I didn't say he will 100% die. I said there is a possibility he will die. Please don't kill him on the spot Shouyo-Kun." Mrs Kageyama said. Suddenly Tobio started to cough harshly and started coughing up blood. I froze when I saw the red liquid. 

"Oh my god, I'll go find a doctor immediately. Shouyo-kun, go see if he's breathing properly." Mrs Kageyama exclaimed rushing out of the room. I quickly walked towards Tobio and hovered my hand slightly above Tobio's mouth, He was breathing but it was weak. 

"Excuse me! Coming through! Please move kid!" A doctor shouted. I nodded and ran out of the room. 

****A few moments later****

I paced around, nervous, anxious, frustrated. Mrs Kageyama was praying slightly hands together. I heard a creak of an open door and looked up to Tobio's room. It wasn't his room. I looked down again. But then I heard another creek and looked up again. It was the doctor and he came out of Tobio's room. 

"How is he? Is he okay?" I asked anxiously. 

"He's in a coma and I don't know when he will wake up." The doctor replied. 

"But! We have a volleyball match soon! He has to wake up!" I exclaimed. 

"I'm sorry, we did our best. He's alive, for sure, but I don't know when he will wake up." The doctor explained. I hung my head down. 

"Alright, Thanks for everything Doc." I said. The doctor went away when I started to cry of dismal.

"Shouyo-kun..." Mrs Kageyama started. 

"No, it's okay. I'm good, Really. Thanks, Mrs. Kageyama but I need to go." I said and walked off. The nationals are just a week away. How was I going to explain this to the team?