Chapter 8

After practice, Kageyama and Hinata stayed behind to practice their quick. 

"Yachi-San! Can you pass to Kageyama again?" Hinata asked their 1st-year manager. 

"Yeah, sure!" Yachi agreed. The deviant duo took their positions and waited for Yachi to pass a volleyball to them. 

"Here!" Yachi shouted throwing a ball to Kageyama. Hinata took a few steps back and started to run to where Kageyama was. At the last second, Hinata went behind Kageyama and jumped. Kageyama tossed the ball and Hinata spiked it dropping back to the ground afterward. 

"Yes!" They both cheered. They wanted to get the probability of success up before the nationals. This always went on for an hour or so. 

"Want to come to mine again?" Kageyama asked after they finished. 

"Yea!" Hinata smiled. They changed out of their sweaty sports clothes and into a normal set of clothes and headed towards Kageyama's house again. Hinata texted his mum that he was going over for the night again. 

"Hey, mum. I'm going over to Kageyama's again. I might stay the night." The text read. The response came quickly. 

"Okay, Hon. Send the address so that I can get your stuff to you." The response said. Hinata nearly forgot about his pj's. 

"Thanks, mum!" Hinata texted back, He then put his phone back in his pocket. 

"Hey, Hinata? Where's your bike?" Kageyama asked. Hinata groaned. 

"It's back at school! Goddammit!" Hinata exclaimed. 

"Then let's hurry and get it!" Kageyama said. Hinata nodded and they raced back to school. 

"There it is! Thank god it's still there!" Hinata sighed as they got to it. 

"We have to hurry and get back to my house dumbass!" Kageyama exclaimed still huffing from the run they just had. 

"Why? Nothings gonna happen Kageyama." Hinata said unlocking his bike from the lock. 

"You never know what could happen at night!" Kageyama replied. 

"All right, all right, let's go," Hinata said. As they started to walk Kageyama seemed odd. 

"Kageyama? What's wrong?" Hinata asked. 

"Nothing, i-its fine," Kageyama replied back. 

"Wait, Are you scared of  the dark Kageyama-Kun?" Hinata smirked. 

"As if Dumbass!" Kageyama exclaimed. 

"You are aren't you," Hinata said. Hinata kept bothering Kageyama about his fear of the dark. 

"I said I'm not!" Kageyama growled. Hinata jumped back at Kageyama's sudden anger. Kageyama sighed when they got inside. Hinata got more suspicious of Kageyama. 

"What do you want for dinner Hinata?" Kageyama said heading for the kitchen. 

"Isn't it a bit early to start dinner?" Hinata said checking the time. 4:30. 

"True. What to do then?" Kageyama asked. 

"Can we watch something?" Hinata asked. 

"Sure, what do you want to watch?" Kageyama said. 

"Do you have any records of volleyball?" Hinata said. 

"Sure do. People do call me a volleyball freak." Kageyama said reaching into the box of videos. 

"Here we go. Which one?" Kageyama asked giving Hinata a pile of videos to look at. 

"This one first!"