Drama 28: Family

Natsu P.O.V

"Lucy! Did you finish cooking the cake?" I asked, in a panic while trying to set the table.

"Almost!" She yelled back from the kitchen.

Lucy and I were rushing to finish up everything for my stupid brother.

I was finishing up the table when my phone rung. I looked at the caller ID and nearly fainted. I instantly abandoned the table and ran to the bathroom to answer it.

"What do you want, Lisanna?"

"Hey, Natsu! How's life?"

"Is that all you called me for?"

"No no. Of course not!"

"Cut to the chase."

"Okay. So I was wondering if you would like to spend tonight together...like the old times...I haven't seen you in 3 months and I'm worried about you."

I rolled my eyes at her pitiful voice, "Sorry, I'm busy."

"...Natsu, if you want to end it, tell me-"

I quickly hung up on her, no longer wanting to hear her voice. "Tch. She's so annoying."

I stuffed the phoen back into my pocket and walked out the bathroom. Why is she still contacting me? We're basically broken up, so why does she continue to call?!

I turned the corner to reach the kitchen when I noticed Lucy's messy blonde hair from the kitchen window. The thought of her always put my heart at ease, but after hearing Lisanna's voice for the first time in weeks, I began to feel guilty.

I've never told her about Lisanna...she doesn't even know I'm technically still in a relationship even though I'm also technically broken up with her...Ugh, this is so complicated! I can't keep this a secret anymore!

I took a deep breath and thought about how I would tell her, but then I saw Lucy smile at me from the kitchen and I couldn't bring myself to even think about telling her. Maybe it's best if I don't say anything...I'll deal with Lisanna later myself.

I nodded to myself, content with my plan, and walked over to the kitchen to help Lucy. When I walked in, I saw her struggling to carry the cake to the table.

"Lucy!" I then quickly ran up to her to help.

"Thanks Natsu," she said as she kissed my cheek. She then gave me a quick smile before running back into the kitchen to get the drinks for the table.

While placing the cake down, she came back running with the drinks.

"It's done!" She exclaimed happily, "I hope your brother likes it."

I was upset that my brother was coming, but seeing her put in so much work for this dinner made my heart skip. Never had I met someone who dedicated so much time to a person they didn't even know. She really was a naive girl, but her naivety makes her heart pure. You're truly the most special girl I've ever met...